Soto's

jeffg8

Just back from the 7/25 Conquest. We chose Soto's for our Sting Ray trip...Had a very nice time. Booked last minute before we left so I didn't have a chance to receive the confirmation email. It contained the instructions about where to go etc. We were able to figure it out by asking a few people when we came ashore. The 2stops were nice...they coaxed an eel out at the barier reef. The sting ray trip was really neat. Your in the water at least 1/2 hr with the stingray's. The photographer takes lots of photo's with the stingrays. There were 20-25 on board last Thr. One thing I haven't heard people mention is that the boat is too noisy to have a conversation on when its going out and coming back. The sound of the engines makes it very difficult to hear. It may be like that on most all of the boats but I was just a bit suprised. Still a wonderful value and well worth the trip.

I'm so glad you posted a review of Soto's. We are booked with them for this October and I'm glad that you had a good time.:) The boat noise does not come as a surprise to me. We have a boat that is quite nice and pretty new. But between the engine and the wind there's no way that you can carry on a conversation. Speed boats are even worse when it comes to noise. Ours isn't a speed boat, but my friend has one and it's quite noisy.

Getting to see a live eel right there in the water with you must have been fantastic. Not many people can say that they came that close to an eel before. I have heard that the groups are small, never more than 25. Some people have even reported that there were less than 10 on their trip.:D Thanks for the review, I hope I have a good time too!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived