Onboard Reception Food

Does anyone know if the food stations are worth getting? I am getting married onboard Crown Princess and am purchasing the Open Bar with Hot and Cold Hordoueves (sorry if I spelt that wrong:) I am wondering if I should also buy a food station or two...the choices are Pasta, Roast Beef, Shrimp, etc. Any advice is welcome. Also, does anyone know if we can bring on our own wine for the guests? Thanks!

We got married on the Caribbean Princess, and only had the hot and cold hors devours with the open bar reception for one hour. Our wedding was at 3:30 and we all went to dinner at 6:00, so our reception really was appetizers.

With all that said, we had SO MUCH food left over it wasn't even funny. And it all got wasted. We asked them to send it to our stateroom and they did, it was overflowing with 4 giant trays of food and the majority of our cake. Seeing as how we went right to dinner, then dancing and having fun, we never really ate the food and asked our steward to just make it go away and we never saw it again.

So I think it depends on when your reception is and how hungry you think your guests will be. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't bother with food stations.

:)

Archived