Osterdam 3:00 wave

To make a long story short: It has become a tradition, when the Oosterdam departs San Diego, for the Cruise Critic members who are on that week's cruise to wave from the bow of the ship. The Oosterdam leaves on Saturday afternoons to do its Mexico Riviera run, so the "wave" takes place at 3 pm local time on Saturdays (that's USA Pacific coast time, which I believe is -8 GMT).

Another CC member here, Cruznon (aka Peggy) made a banner that the CCers hang from the balcony on deck 6 (during the 3 pm wave). One (or more) of the technically proficient folks here takes pictures for us from the San Diego webcam. Usually it's LaffnVegas (aka Lisa), but it can also be others.

The Oosterdam hotel manager stores the Cruise Critic banner for us in his office, and there is room on the back of the banner for CC members to sign their names. A lot of good, clean, harmless fun.:)

Karin

It has become a tradition that started with the beautiful Oosterdam and has also spread to other HAL ships that when a ship is in San Diego that at 3 PM Pacific time we go to the balcony over looking the bow on deck 6 of the Oosterdam or actually on on the bow of the Ryndam or Zaandam to wave at the San Diego Web Cam. Approx. 5 weeks ago we had the unveiling of a beautiful Banner made by Peggy aka cruzon for us to hand out for the Banner Wave. Sadly the Mexico run only has a few more weeks for this season before she heads to Alaska but it will resume in late September early October when we can do this again. I have basically been the Wave Coordinator and those that are going to do the wave contact me and give me their cell/mobile phone number and I call them to tell them when to wave and I then capture the picture of them waving.

1173975265669974.jpg.82ca4cb29a45af492f1b5fde751238b7.jpg

Archived