Wash 'n Fold on Golden

nieciez

Has anyone sailed on Golden recently and know if they offer the wash'n fold for $15 a bag full? I know they did on the Sun a few years ago when we sailed her. We are doing the 10 day Mexican Riveria out of SF with 1 day pre and 4 days post and I want to cut down on some of the packing ;)

We were on the Golden this past February and I don't recall them offerinf the Wash&Fold bag like they did in August.

I ended up doing laundry on one of the sea day - no trouble finding washers and dryers. Did 2 loads (1$ for wash, 1$ for dry, 1$ for soap) for 6$!!

MC

I was on the same cruise as Marie-Claude for 12 days and they did not offer the $15 "all you can stuff into a bag" special. I did laundry twice, the second time because I was flying on to CA for a week and wanted clean clothes for there. I usually do laundry at about 4:00 - 4:30PM and have never had a problem getting a washer or dryer. The washer takes 30 minutes; the dryer takes 45. You're done in just over an hour.

I agree with Pam we always do laundry at some point on the cruise. That is one of the nicest perks on Princess is that they have machines. I was so surprised when I went back to RCCL I had forgotten that they don't have washers and dryers.

There was not a wash n fold offering on our Golden voyage last year. Mid way through the cruise (and after returning to the ship from a morning excursion) I did 2 small loads of laundry in the coin operated machines. I had packed a roll of quarters in my checked luggage and packed a small plastic bag of powdered detergent.

Knowing we could do laundry aboard the Golden helped to reduce the amount of clothing we had to pack.....

Archived