So...WWYD?

MamaParrotHead

Originally, there were 2 couples going on our cruise, so we booked a hotel room on Priceline (not even guaranteed we'll have 2 beds, LOL). Then another couple jumped in at the last minute. For them to get a hotel room in our hotel, at a regular price, it'd be over $200 (we paid just over $100, split between the 4 of us). So I offered to let them camp out on the floor. Now I'm rethinking that idea, especially if we only get one kind-sized bed. And I really don't feel right charging them to sleep on our FLOOR, right? Should I maybe double check with them that they know that's what the plan is, and then offer to help them bid at another hotel near by (and then just grab a cab and meet us at our hotel for breakfast and to get to the pier?).

Kind of confused and in a bind, here.

i know at my (young?) age (32), i'm too old to sleep on the floor and then be able to move freely the next day.

i'd make sure they know what the deal is, that there may be 4 people sleeping on the floor and that it might be better for them to get their own room and meet at breakfast or the pier.

For the 1976 celebration,we had an abundance of family in a house with 7 bedrooms. We took all the matresses of the kid's beds off and all the kids (11) slept on either the box spring or the matresse. Us parents (8) had both! Maybe this would work for you. Also some hotels have sleeper sofas. maybe you could get one of these.

They ARE the youngsters in the group (a whopping 25, the pair of them :D ), and I did email them, reiterating what the status of the situation was and offered to help them bid on a room, with the understanding we'd meet up for breakfast the next day. Totally up to them, I guess. Not like I'll be able to SLEEP that night or anything ANYWAY. :D

You might also want to check with the hotel to find out if this is even allowable. I know the hotel where we stayed precruise had a maximum number per room allowed. You don't want to get a nasty surprise like that on the first day of your vacation.

Kim

I figure it's not like they're gonna knock on your door for a head count. :confused: I put up a post a while ago asking about it, many people who had worked at hotels said that they knew it went on and didn't care...it's not like it was their hotel or anything. :D

I figure it's not like they're gonna knock on your door for a head count. :confused: I put up a post a while ago asking about it, many people who had worked at hotels said that they knew it went on and didn't care...it's not like it was their hotel or anything. :D

Hi-I'm at a loss with that abbreviation.:confused: What does it stand for?:eek: Please clarify:eek: Thanks, Paul in San Diego

If this other couple can afford a cruise, I'm assuming they're not destitute. I would offer to help them find a hotel room they can afford (coach them on priceline bidding, whatever) and then offer to meet for breakfast or even at the pier before boarding. Are you renting a car to get to the pier? Or taking a cab together? That sort of arrangement might mitigate where you meet, but I don't think there's any reason you need to offer--or they should expect--to stay in your hotel room with you. However, you've already offered to share your room....So you're going to have to do some slick talking to get out of that....Depending on how well you know this couple and how they might take it, I might simply say you've talked it over with the other couple (or your husband, or...whatever) and you think 6 people in one room is simply too much and you'd be happy to help them find affordable accommodation elsewhere....

If this other couple can afford a cruise, I'm assuming they're not destitute. I would offer to help them find a hotel room they can afford (coach them on priceline bidding, whatever) and then offer to meet for breakfast or even at the pier before boarding. Are you renting a car to get to the pier? Or taking a cab together? That sort of arrangement might mitigate where you meet, but I don't think there's any reason you need to offer--or they should expect--to stay in your hotel room with you. However, you've already offered to share your room....So you're going to have to do some slick talking to get out of that....Depending on how well you know this couple and how they might take it, I might simply say you've talked it over with the other couple (or your husband, or...whatever) and you think 6 people in one room is simply too much and you'd be happy to help them find affordable accommodation elsewhere....

It's a combination of things. The first being, they haven't really travelled that much, and sending them on their way in Miami may be a bit overwhelming to 2-25 year olds. The second factor is that we're really not going to BE there that long. Our flight doesn't even get into FLL into 11:00 p.m., by the time the limo picks us up and we have our luggage in hand, make the trek to the hotel (right at MIA) it will probably be midnight. Up by about 8, ready to hunt for breakfast and catch a shuttle to the pier. Just seems like a lot of expense for a few hours of sleep, to me. Who knows...we'll see what they have to say...

While you will be at the hotel for a short time, you should not underestimate the 1 bathroom/4 adults issue.

You are on vacation, it may get a little crowded as you all try to get ready in the morning. Then you have the young couple on the floor, may not be too comfortable. Laying in bed and not falling asleep is one thing. Laying on a floor is another.

Snoring? Bathroom privacy....maybe someone could be a while in there if they are not feeling well....Last minute planning may have caused this but I would fork over the money in a minute. That's just me, I like my privacy in the morning.

Archived