what other then water stuff in Grand caymen

trey420

My GF and I are going here and we really don't do water events. we may do the Atlantis sub, but I was wondering what else is there to do in Grand Cayman. Any tours of the island, whatever, just anything cant find anything to do.

oh well maby ill just stay on the ship looks like if you dont want to see stingrays your out of luck but if you do man they have like 10 diffrent trips that take you to see them on that site. is there any local history at all mabye I can pay some one to take us around, becuse at this point it looks like a wash.:o

You can do an Island tour that will take you various touristy sites including Georgetown, Conch Shell House, Blackbeards Rum Company, Turtle Farm, Hell, Tortuga Rum Shoppe, Stingray Brewery, Pedro St. James, The Ten Sails shipwreck site, and the Blow Holes. We used Tropicana-tours.com

There is also a Botanical Park and Butterfly farm. Shopping is pretty good in Georgetown is your into that.

I don't know if you can find someone at the pier to take you to all those destinations. Personally, if your really are interested in such a tour, I would pre-book it to ensure that it happens with no problems.

We acutally did a land vacation to Grand Cayman and pre-booked all of our tours on-line prior to leaving. Just go to their web-site and e-mail them.

If you just want to go to the Bontanical Gardens and butterfly farm, I'm sure you can get a taxi to take you from them pier. If you want shopping, it's walking distance from the pier.

I am also interested in pre-booking an excursion without water events. I'd like to learn more about the area. Can anyone share a website for a company that you've taken an excursion through - for this sort of tour?

Thanks!

We used Tropicana Tours and booked tour "A". Here's their website:

http://www.tropicana-tours.com/tours.html

I also google for Island tours in Grand Cayman and found this site:

http://www.magicaljourneys.com/Caribbean/caribbean-travel-caymanislands.html

Sting Ray Brewery is beer. It's a small brewery where they make the Stingray brand of beer. We got a short overview and then there is a gift shop that sales souvinors and beer.

now that sounds cool, I didnt see that on the previous website. Can I find someone at the peir willing to do such a tour for me.

When we were in Grand Cayman last week, there were MANY tour vans just waiting to take tourists on just such a tour. It cost us $20 a person and the driver took us to Hell, Tortuga Rum Cake Factory and Store, 7 mile beach, the Conch House, and all over the island.

We had 12 passengers in our van. After he had dropped everyone off, we asked him for some restaurant recommendations. He said "Jump back in! I will take you to my favorite restaurant!" We had a delicious buffet lunch.

He was so nice and it was a great tour! Grand Cayman was our favorite port on our cruise last week! After lunch, we shopped and just walked around the Georgetown.

So don't feel like you have to book something ahead of time if you would rather be a free spirit!

My GF and I are going here and we really don't do water events. we may do the Atlantis sub, but I was wondering what else is there to do in Grand Cayman. Any tours of the island, whatever, just anything cant find anything to do.

The primary attraction of all of the Western Caribbean ports is what's underwater. Why waste your money on this destination if you "don't do water events"? I believe an Alaska cruise or Southern Caribbean cruise might offer you more to see on land.

I believe there is also a jeep tour of the island, where you drive your own jeep. We did that tour in Bahamas a couple weeks ago and our 'drivers' were a couple from the England. They said they had done the tour previously in GC and really enjoyed it. It's a great way to see the island.

The primary attraction of all of the Western Caribbean ports is what's underwater. Why waste your money on this destination if you "don't do water events"? I believe an Alaska cruise or Southern Caribbean cruise might offer you more to see on land.

I waste my money on it becuse I just like the resort style of vacation and my GF likes to see new places we havent done many cruises yet so its not that big a deal to me I can just sit on the ship and be happy but my GF likes to see and learn new things. We live in houston so its not a problem getting there. I have been thinking about Alaska but at 28 the crowd is a little older for me, and I dont really want to do the land treks that come at the end of most of the ones i have seen.

• 3 weeks later...
We used Tropicana Tours and booked tour "A". Here's their website:

http://www.tropicana-tours.com/tours.html

I also google for Island tours in Grand Cayman and found this site:

http://www.magicaljourneys.com/Caribbean/caribbean-travel-caymanislands.html

Sting Ray Brewery is beer. It's a small brewery where they make the Stingray brand of beer. We got a short overview and then there is a gift shop that sales souvinors and beer.

Great sites. Thanks for those!:)

Pshaw. I shy away from the stingrays cause that's what everyone does and I like to be different. My upcoming cruise with a GC stop, I'm looking at a biking tour. Not because of the destinations (Hell, Turtle Farm, Rum cake shop) but because hey, it's riding a bike around the island. And I think that's kind of cool.

Archived