NCL Kids Program (2-5 years)

CKEA_Cruising_Family

Planning our first cruise with the kids. My husband and I have previously sailed on Princess. We're leaning towards Norwegian Dawn Feb 2008. I'm trying to find reviews of the kids program specific to this age range and can't find any specifics. My kids will be 2 & 4 when we cruise. We're also looking at Carnival Triumph but leaning toward NCL because of private island and dining flexibility. Any advice/opinions/thoughs appreciated. Thanks!

I'll let you know in a few weeks.We are doing the Dawn with out 4 and 2 year old.We have done Carnival and Rccl.Carnival didnot have alot to offer in the way of kid pools etc.The Dawn seems to have quite a kids program with a amazing pool area.Rccl Adventure ocean was real good to,but we picked ncl this year due to the fact our 2 year old can participate in the kids crew.Go to http://www.cruiseclues.com and look up the Dawn and you should find some more info.I'll keep you posted.

We cruised on the NCL Sun last April with our (then) 2.5 year old and 10 year old. Both of them loved the NCL kids crew program. They were excited to go each day and still talk about it today. My 10 y.o. met new friends that she still keeps in contact with. We'll be sailing on the Jewel in 2 weeks and are hoping for a similarly positive experience.

We just got back of the NCL Dream Saturday :(. We had two in the 2-5's; one 2 and one 5. They LOVED it. The counselors (T-Bone and M&M) were very good with the kids' different needs, ie our 2yo would only cry if he saw us leave, so M&M would distract him with toys until we were out of the door. They did face painting (it washed off easily and hasn't stained anything) that corresponded with their theme (Dora, Blue's Clues, Prince/Princess, Bears, and Pirates -- which was way cool). They made band-type hats, did coloring pages, maps, watched movies, read stories, ate breakfast and ice cream together, went to shows and had parties (pool and pajama). They don't change diapers, so we either had to get a beeper (which were limited) or check in every 30 minutes or so.

This is our third cruise with NCL and they've gotten better each time.

Archived