No Cunarder

godfreyb

After I started this thread I got involved in some other things. However, after receiving nothing in the mail I got annoyed enough to call the World Club Desk today and demand the Cunarder and brochures. When I called in January I was told that I had been removed from the electronic mailing list and they put me back. This time they told me that my wife had been dropped from the physical mailing list. I had not received the winter Cunarder and after putting me on hold told me that they didn't have any more. Apparently the summer Cunarder with the DVD is in the 'process of finalization' which I think means they haven't got around to sending it yet to us Americans.

Brochures? No explanation - put me through to the brochures department and they are sending out some.

Electronic communication? Haven't received any offers since they put me back on the electronic mailing list. No explanation. Has any US based World Club member received any offer by email in the last three months?

I am getting annoyed about this and if it continues will send an overnight letter to whoever runs Princess/Cunard these days. I explained that I booked a cruise directly on receiving last year's brochure, but the girl I spoke to in LA just didn't seem to get it - sounded like she had just roused herself from the casting couch!

Still waiting here in SC...for absolutely anything!! No, I have NEVER gotten a thing from Cunard...no email offers, no snail mail brochures, no Cunarder. Now HAL loves to bombard me with offers as "someone who has sailed on one of our sister lines". I get them regularly by mail and email. Even my husband got one yesterday and the only way they could have gotten his email is from his Cunard voyage information...figure that one out! He has never requested anything from HAL.:confused:

Maybe I'll give the Wolrd Club desk a call later and see what story I get told...I agree, this is frustrating. I'm already booked, no thanks to anything they've sent me...maybe that's what they figure we'll all just do from the website.

Cheers, Penny

I'm getting bombarded by Princess since last years Cunard cruises. I've never sailed Princess. likely never will.

Despite not having received the new full brochure yet, Yesterday I received a short brochure of the QE2 2008 World Cruise Segments.

Gosh, wait til the body's cold before you sell next year's segments!

Isn't it like selling a wedding to coincide with the burial of the last? Or more like selling a certificate for a future wedding to the bride at the reception!

Karie,

who thinks a bridesmaid will do for her.

Now, here's one for you. My brother in law, who has never been on a single cruise in his life, gets e-mail notices from Cunard about every two weeks which he forwards to me. (Today's was about the QM2 in the Med starting May 6 from $1599). He inquired once about a sailing and now he is not only getting mail but he also has a world club number and receives brochures. Go figure!! We have been platinum members for ages and get nothing.

On a different subject: It's fun to live here in Hawaii where we are 6 hours behind the east coast in time. At 4 p.m. I always see a lot of the easterners on CC (Kari, Penny to name a couple) at 10 p.m. their time. Then, at 10 p.m. here I see that the fun Brits are at it as it is 9 a.m. across the pond. It's the best of two worlds!

Aloha, Patti

Omigosh!!! Somebody at Cunard must be reading. Suddenly I received an email yesterday from Cunard. It was just about the QM2 being based in New York 'for the next 18 months'. No special deals received yet though

Now, here's one for you. My brother in law, who has never been on a single cruise in his life, gets e-mail notices from Cunard about every two weeks which he forwards to me. (Today's was about the QM2 in the Med starting May 6 from $1599). He inquired once about a sailing and now he is not only getting mail but he also has a world club number and receives brochures. Go figure!! We have been platinum members for ages and get nothing.

On a different subject: It's fun to live here in Hawaii where we are 6 hours behind the east coast in time. At 4 p.m. I always see a lot of the easterners on CC (Kari, Penny to name a couple) at 10 p.m. their time. Then, at 10 p.m. here I see that the fun Brits are at it as it is 9 a.m. across the pond. It's the best of two worlds!

Aloha, Patti

Hi Patti....Or it can drive you doubly crazy getting a full dose of both sides of the pond at the same time!! ;) I always get up to see what the "cousins" have been stirring up while we unsuspecting folks over here were sleeping.

No Cunarder here either...no emails...no nothing. I am a non-entity to Cunard it seems.:( Must have been the claw marks in the carpet!

Cheers, Penny

" Must have been the claw marks in the carpet!"

Cheers, Penny

"

I'll be back on her on June 10th and will sew up your claw marks and maybe they'll think better of you and send you some brochures. Trouble is - - I will be leaving the same marks in the same area of the Commodore Club and probably in a lot of other rooms too. They must get tired of svelte, sophisticated, gorgeous ladies like us behaving like floosies!

I actually got TWO emails from Cunard the other day. For the Easter sale. I was so excited! It said Sailaway starting at 499! Then I realized (my eyesights not as good as it once was) That was no Dollar sign. It was a British Pound Mark!

Two emails from Cunard, identical, and both quoting prices in British pounds!

" Must have been the claw marks in the carpet!"

Cheers, Penny

"

I'll be back on her on June 10th and will sew up your claw marks and maybe they'll think better of you and send you some brochures. Trouble is - - I will be leaving the same marks in the same area of the Commodore Club and probably in a lot of other rooms too. They must get tired of svelte, sophisticated, gorgeous ladies like us behaving like floosies!

Thank you Patti...your kindness is much appreciated....floosies is a tad strong don't you think but the rest of it seems right on....evil twins maybe?;)

Cheers, Penny

Archived