best must see beaches

bobbycruiser

with those lovely liquard things walking around.

I laughed when I saw this, I envisioned liquored up lizards (aka iguanas) walking around the beach and then I saw your screen name and that just added more of a laugh!!:D

I laughed when I saw this, I envisioned liquored up lizards (aka iguanas) walking around the beach and then I saw your screen name and that just added more of a laugh!!:D

YES, YES, LOL. I couldn't think of iguanas, so I decided to write lizards, but totally screwed that one up also. My daughter laughed as well, and told me to try spell check next time, guess those corona's got to me while writing that........:eek:

Glad you could get a laugh out of it, I sure did - afterwards.:D

guess those corona's got to me while writing that........:eek:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw your screen name after reading the post, a few too many corona's while typing that post, LOL!!:rolleyes:

About how long of a cab ride from where NCL docks? We are going on the Atlantis Sub ride at 1:00, but I'd love to get a chance to see Megan's Bay beach. I'd rather just hit the beaches but DH really wants to go on the Sub ride. He doesn't ask for much so....

Thanks in advance for the info! :)

Bobby Cruiser

Magens, Coki and Saphire are all pretty close to each other,

Magens is more laid back,

We prefer Coki, lot more to do there, you can rent snorkel gear, you might check out the discover diving, or VI snuba, you can google both of them "coki diving" "VI snuba"

coki is on a nice reef, and is better snorkling than Magens

You can do any of them on your own, plenty of taxis at both locations

just looked at pics on wiol.com and you are right about coki beach... blue like i like it... never thought it looked nice before .been to the islands and never thought about goin there... plus the $2.00 bus goes that way lot cheaper the mageans only taxi goes there. looks to be about the same size beach as meagans.?:rolleyes:

Also, see the new destination guide on CC that just appeared today. It has some great info in it, especially for you guys arriving on the Crown Princess, since you dock at the new site, Crown Bay. It tells you what is located there.

Crown Bay is far from new. Its just that Havensight gets used more because it is bigger.

How long is the cab ride from the port to Magens Bay? Also, at Magens Bay, are there cabs available when you want to return to the ship or should you ask your driver for a cab to return at a certain time?

• 1 month later...

I noticed several folks interested in photos of Magen's Bay. We were there last summer and it is truly a beautiful beach. Very nice water but not a great snorkeling destination.

Here are a few photos for those who are interested:

View looking down on Magen's

Picture1526.jpg

View of beach - there were 3 cruise ships in port this day so it was a bit crowded:

Picture1534.jpg

View from the water:

Picture1560.jpg

Chair and umbrella rental next to the bar/restaurant:

Picture1540.jpg

View of Bay:

Picture1535.jpg

Can anyone post pictures of Coki?

I have it narrowed down to Coki and Saphire.

We definitely want snorkeling.

We would like relaxed also, along with a good beach for kids.

We would love to have restroom facilities and places to eat.

I am sorry I cannot figure out how to post my pictures of Coki. I will tell you that I have been there 3 times and I couldn't have been more happy. It has wonderful snorkeling. So many fish. We swam out a little way and we were snorkeling over scuba divers. The water is so cool and calm. Also there is a lot to do on that beach. The beach is right next to Coral world. They have a lot of activities. I don't think you will be disappointed at Coki. Coki has pretty clean bathrooms and showers and a few places to eat. The facilities are free. Coral World Ocean Park, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands, Number 1 Tourist Attraction in St. Thomas here is a link to Coral World. They have some pictures of Coki. I hope this helped and I hope you have a great trip.

I am sorry I cannot figure out how to post my pictures of Coki. I will tell you that I have been there 3 times and I couldn't have been more happy. It has wonderful snorkeling. So many fish. We swam out a little way and we were snorkeling over scuba divers. The water is so cool and calm. Also there is a lot to do on that beach. The beach is right next to Coral world. They have a lot of activities. I don't think you will be disappointed at Coki. Coki has pretty clean bathrooms and showers and a few places to eat. The facilities are free. Coral World Ocean Park, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands, Number 1 Tourist Attraction in St. Thomas here is a link to Coral World. They have some pictures of Coki. I hope this helped and I hope you have a great trip.

Thank you for the link to the pictures.

They are beautiful!

I think we will visit Coki Beach!

Archived