Peat Taylor/Dunns River Falls/White River Rafting questions

Snoopy123

We have booked a tour with Peat Taylor to climb Dunns River Falls and also to do river rafting on the White River. Has anyone done this combination before? I'm wondering how it all works. I know you wear a bathing suit to climb the Falls - do you change into dry clothes after, or will you get wet on the river rafting, too? Do you go to the river rafting immediately after the climb, or do you have lunch first? What time did you return to the ship after the tour was finished?

If anyone else has done this same tour with Peat Taylor and has any insight they could offer I would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks!

We just returned from this same trip. I don't know if Pete Taylor takes the same route as Phil Lafayette but we used Phil and our tour included. 1) tour of Jamaica with lots of historical information and tidbits of trivia, and lots of singing, 2) Fern Gully drive through, 3) tubing, 4) Dunns, 5) lunch. You will be wet after the tubing and Phil just asks that you sit on towels in the van. Of course we got wet at Dunn's but no one changed clothes as you start drying off pretty quickly in the heat. We were pretty hungry by lunch.

This was a great tour and very economical compared to the cruise excursions.

Have fun!

Thanks for the information. We're really excited for this tour!

Photog4fun, for Peat Taylor the whole tour is only $30 per person, except if you add the river tubing it's an additional $20 per person. That price includes admission to Dunn's and the river tubing. His website is: http://www.peattaylor.com/

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I just got back from our cruise on the Mariner of the Seas. Ocho Rios was our favorite port, because we had such a great tour guide. We went with A-Z Jamaica Planners and had Oscar as our guide.

The cost was $58 per person. We did the Falls, drove through Fern Gully and additional sight-seeing, learned about the local fruits, shopped at a local Jamaican market (at our request), lunched at the Ruins, did the White River tubing, then finished off with more shopping at the Taj Mahal Shopping Center (at our request). Oscar personalizes the tour to fit the group's requests.

Oscar was extremely knowledgeable on the local areas and the people. We were never harassed by locals when we were with him. We always had a great time with him!!! At the end of the tour, we felt as if we were old friends with him. If you haven't reserved a tour yet, consider going with A-Z Jamaica Planners.

Jamaica was one hour behind the ship's time, and we needed to be back on the ship by 4:30pm ship's time (3:30pm Jamaica Time).

We started our tour at 9:30am (Jamaica Time), and we finished at 2:30pm (Jamaica Time). This included a brief 20-minute stop at the shopping center at our request. If we didn't do that, we would've been done by 2:00pm (Jamaica Time).

Everyone in our group was very concerned about the time since we were on the ship, so Oscar was more than accomodating. When we were at lunch, he called the tubing guides to make sure that they would be ready for us. And it sped things up tremendously.

If you're trying to be quick on time, you might want to ask for A-Z for a modified itinerary that starts with the Falls, then a quick Fern Gully Drive, then the river tubing, followed by lunch. You might be able to be finished with everything a little after 1:00pm Jamaica Time.

But we had such a fun time with Oscar that we wished we had more time with him.

Archived