Conquest to Jamaica Feb 10th

h2owatson

That ship and itinerary are great. We did it out of New Orleans 2 years ago w/our kids and had a great time. There is a lot to do and the ship itself was very nice. We booked our own excursion at Grand Cayman (stingray snorkel), went to the Sunset Jamaican resort right by the cruise pier in Montego Bay, and went to a beach in Cozumel. With a family of 6 it is too expensive for us to do a regular excursion in every port so we try to find our own or walk around the shopping areas an beach it. You will have a great time.

we went this past feb not during valentines day. but during marty gras and they had a big ol bash. i would assume they would do something for the 14th. as far as the ship WOW we loved it. its nice having two days to explore the ship. then bam bam bam with the ports. then a few to relax on the way home. i HIGHLY recomend the rose hall beach excursion in MO BAY. best time of our cruise for us was in mo bay. alot of people say they have problems in mo bay. but for us it was bye FAR the best time and a great excursion. after you get used to busses flying by you on the wrong side of the road. lol being that they drive on the left

we did playa mia excursion in mexico it was ok but we will be trying something diffrent next time

so good we are looking to do it again in oct.

We were on Conquest (our of NOLA) for 7 days, hitting Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We went to Rose Hall Beach on our own in Montego Bay. It was a great day. It was during Mardi Gras and they had a big Mardi Gras party on board one night. Can't go wrong with Grand Cayman and Cozumel -- check the ports board for info.

Great ship - you will love it. We did!

We were on the Conquest last September. If you page back, you can find many reviews. Great ship, wonderful crew.

We (my parents in their 70's) (my wife and me in our 50's) did:

1. Mo Bay - a helmet dive called Sea Trek from Doctors Cave beach, then back into town to spend a few hours at Margaritaville.

2. Hell, Turtle Farm and Sting Ray City at Grand Cayman

3. Tulumn Myan Ruins Tour at Coz.

Sea Trek was a highlight of the entire trip. None of us have ever scuba dived, and this was a wonderful introduction to the sea floor. Next time I'll skip the trip back to the bar, though.

Stingray City is a must. The Turtle Farm was good. Skip the stop at Hell if you can.

Tulumn was good, but too much for my parents in the heat and humidity. DW was also complaining, and worrying about those 3 took some of the fun out of it for me.

All tours were done through Carnival. Yes a little more expensive that way, but you don't have to worry about missing the boat.

Enjoy the Conquest, just remember that the only decks that go all the way bow to stern are Lido and deck 5. Dining rooms can be hard to find if you go down to 3 or 4.

h2owatson - We will be on that cruise as well. There is a cc group cruise going - you should come and join us at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=444244

Even if you didn't book with the cc group we would love for you to join us in our discussions and planning. We have been a fun group.

This past valentines day I paid attention to what was being offered on the Conquest. I found this on cruise critic -

Carnival

On this year's day of love, the Fun Ship line will be offering a Champagne special; for $9.50 (a real steal), you get a bottle of Champagne, a red rose and six chocolate covered strawberries. The line will also decorate its ships wtih heart-shaped ice carvings; room stewards will be making special heart-shaped towel "animals" for your enjoyment. As a romantic gesture, each female guest will be presented with a flower upon arrival in the dining room. And during dinner, the wait staff will perform a special rendition of "Let Me Call You Sweetheart."

Also Valentines will be our 2nd formal night.

Kathy

We were on the Conquest last month and are thinking about going again either later this year or the same time as you next year. It was a great ship and great time. Pics below, please feel free to browse through. I still don't have all the formal ones uploaded yet.

Kathy, I am trying to reach my TA to let her know to get me in this group. I have like 5-7 cabins wanting to book right now. I am hoping we can get involved in this, if not, then I will definitely be in contact to get with the groupl

Archived