What Anit-frizz Hair Product Is Best??

Alright im sure everyone knows, how horrible it is on your first cruise.. when your hair PUFFED up, because it was so humid.. and of course you didn't bring any anti-frizz product.

I am trying to figure out which is the best product, so that doesn't happen to me... any suggestions?

Honestly, as someone with fine curly hair, I don't even try to control the frizz anymore. Between the humidity, the wind, and the salt air, it's a losing battle. One year, though, my bathroom goodie basket had a Physique gel in it that did a decent job of lessening the frizz. But mostly I just accept the fact that unless I keep my hair pulled back (and sometimes even then!), I'm just going to look like a wild woman all week. :p

Control freak ( made by Bed Head) is great. You will have to get it at a salon or beauty supply place. They make shampoo, conditioner, gel and a wax (you put the wax on dry hair). I love it.:p

Frizz-Ease is pretty decent. I don't use it often because it's a little oily, but in extreme conditions, it really works well.

Oddly enough, there was a free sample of that exact product in my bathroom "basket-o-stuff" for my February sailing on Sensation. Had a flattop at the time, so frizzing was of little/no concern. Perhaps you'll find something to try in your basket as well.

Control freak ( made by Bed Head) is great. You will have to get it at a salon or beauty supply place. They make shampoo, conditioner, gel and a wax (you put the wax on dry hair). I love it.:p

I love their "Curls Rock" shampoo/conditioner or if you have colored hair "Dumb Blonde" (for all hair colors) is great for treated hair.

Before applying the Control Freak, first apply Curls Rock Curl Amplifier. It takes out the frizz and makes lots of beautiful curls, and then the Control Freak holds them. Finish with Biolage Spritz for hold.

I have been using this method for years and I get so many compliments on my beautiful curls.

I don't use the wax on dry hair, instead I use "Uptight" spray to freshen my curls.

Oh, gosh.

Okay....I've been fighting my curly hair for 40 years. It's very thick, very curly. My hair is pretty in the winter...dry air, low temps...no frizz. Summer is another story. :rolleyes:

Shampoo...I use Pantene Smooth and Sleek shampoo with the green label.

Conditioner.....I use Matrix Sleek.look conditioner in the orange bottle. I try to leave it in my hair for at least 10 minutes....longer if my schedule permits. I also just bought Pantene Time Renewal Deep Conditioning Mask in the green jar. This stuff is amazing. It makes my hair feel like silk...AND....it makes my curls look great.

Curl enhancer.....Matrix Curl.life curling creme in the little green jar. Now, alot of women with curly hair hate this stuff, but I swear, I love it. I used to use John Freida Frizz Ease, but it would work really well for about a week, then all of a sudden my hair would turn into a dry frizzy mess. So I don't use it anymore.

Styling gel....thanks to Loreal discontinuing the gel that I've used for YEARS, I've had to search for a new gel. I found Tressemme Curl Care Bouncy Curls styling gel. Great stuff and it's really cheap. Pantene also has a line of products for curly hair (look for the pink label, lol) but it did nothing for my hair...it might work in yours.

The thing is, not every head of curly hair will react the same to each product. Someone mentioned a leave-in conditioner. I can't use that...makes my hair flat and greasy-looking.

You'll have to experiment. I'm about to go back to Trade Secret to try to find some more styling gel for curly hair. I tried the Redken Crystal Curls gel....hated it. Actually, I was kind of glad I hated it, because it was expensive, lol.

You'll just have to try a few products to find which one is best for your curl type. Good luck!!:)

I have literally tried everything on the market, including the above mentioned. Nothing works as good as Biosilk. It is expensive, but it's worth it. It sleeks your hair, but doesn't weight it down. When I use to wear my hair straight & long, my hair would feel silky and bouncy & smooth. Heres the site:)

http://www.biosilk.com

I just tried this and I LOVE it! It smells wonderful and is better than anything else I've tried for my naturally curl but can get frizzy hair.

Citre Shine makes a spray that's not so heavy that I also use to help keep things smooth. It's much less $$ than the Oscar Blandi.

I do have to agree with everyone that said a good conditioner makes all the difference. It can also help to wash your hair and apply conditioner- leaving it in for a day in the sun/beach. That helps too!

Don't overlook a good tourmaline hairdryer too. You don't have to buy one of the $300 ones; revlon makes a great one for $30.

I have really long curly hair. I always use suave shampoo/conditioner and especially the mousse...globs of it but my hair always looks good and never greasy.

I also put in suave regular conditioner in my hair and slick it in a ponytail during the day when I m laying by the pool. It acts as a sort of hot oil treatment and my hair looks really good those nights. ill reapply sometimes if i go back to the cabin to get something

I don't have curly hair, but my hair will frizz and fly away in humid weather. I am a fan of the Ojon line, especially the spray leave in conditioner. Also, Phyto makes a anti-frizz product which works wonders, but it is pricey. Since I am at work, I can't give you the names of the specifc products, but Phyto is something like Defrissant. Sephora sells both lines.

Guest KimberlyB

I'm a super fan of all things Bumble and bumble, and will throw their "defrizz" into the ring. It doesn't have any hold, but man, it adds a nice touch of shine and holds up against any weather/humidity changes. I use that with a squirt of either Grooming Creme or Brilliantine.

They also have a line of curl conscious shampoos/conditioners, but I prefer the Creme de Coco line -- it helps tame any frizz without compromising on softness.

Phyto makes a anti-frizz product which works wonders

Its called Phtyo defrisant Botanical hair relaxing balm. MY FAVORITE! I have fine straight hair and it frizzes into a mess if I don't keep it hydrated. Phyto isn't greasy and doesn't weigh my fine hair down. Yes, its expensive, but with fine hair, I use less. Its nothing compared to what I spend on shoes....:eek:

I use John Frieda's Frizz Ease or Pantenes frzz control creme. The Frizz ease can be greasy if I use too much and can weigh down my curls, so I use it sparingly.

I love my JF Dream Curls spray...that takes care of most of the frizzies......I can spray it on my hair when I need a touch up and my curls bounce back without the crunchies.

I am always on the lookout for new and better hair products.....it is all about the products for me! I will have to try the B&B stuff....have heard a lot about it.

Archived