I just assumed....

JRsMom

We've only been on a Disney Cruise (cruise newbies, yes). So I just assumed that the kids clubs took the kids to meals. I was reading the RCCL board, but haven't gotten an answer yet, one post lead me to believe that not all cruise lines do this.:o What has you experience been? Granted, my DS5 only ate one meal the entire time with the "club", but this is info that would be helpful.

The two cruise lines I'm most interested in are RCCL & Princess. But if you have experience from other cruise lines, that would be great too!!:)

Thanks for you help!!!! I'm still learning!

I know that on Celebrity the kids can eat in the buffet with the youth staff and other kids at 6 PM each night ($6 fee).

I am hoping that they offer this on RCL, which I am sailing next month but my son is now 6 so he can sit at the formal meals if necessary.

When we first sailed Carnival and DD was old enough for the Camp Carnival, they had dinner for the kids on formal nights (at least on the cruise we were on). Then the next time we went, she could have dinner with them every night. There was no charge.

DD didn't participate in the kids' club on Princess (her older sister monopolized her time! :p) so can't comment on how that works on Princess.

Cheers!

Jayne

We're taking our first RCCL cruise next year--our first was DCL last November too :) . From what I've read on these boards--obsessive planner that I am--on the 2 formal nights the kids club takes them to Johnny Rockets to eat. No charge but you have to sign up ahead of time. On the other nights it seems the kids club is closed from 5-7pm.

On Princess there will be a kids' dinner in the buffet dining room. There are two sides to the Horizon Court and for the kids' dinner, one side is closed for a "private party." The kids are signed in there and have dinner together. Then the counselors take them back to the Fun Zone.

We're taking our first RCCL cruise next year--our first was DCL last November too :) . From what I've read on these boards--obsessive planner that I am--on the 2 formal nights the kids club takes them to Johnny Rockets to eat. No charge but you have to sign up ahead of time. On the other nights it seems the kids club is closed from 5-7pm.

The nights vary (not always just the formal nights), but the idea is that yes it is limited to just a few evenings every cruise. If there is a JR on the ship, that is where they generally will go - otherwise usually windjammer, sometimes the pizza place. There is no charge.

On other nights the kids program is close from 5-7. If we have early seating for dinner, DD will generally join us in the dining room, the waitstaff will (upon request) bring her entree during our soup or appetizer course. By the time she is finished eating, AO is open and either DH or I will briefly excuse ourselves take her to AO and then come back down for the next course. The waitstaff is good about pacing the entree course for the temporarilly absent parent.

We did a 4-day cruise on RCCL and they took the kids to dinner twice, my son only did it once since the other night was formal and I wanted him to come to dinner with me that night. They brought in a breakfast buffet to the kid's club too. I didn't know they did that, my son told me he wasn't hungry for breakfast one day (he really just wanted to be in the kid's club instead of with me!!!), he later told me that he ate a huge breakfast of eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc in the kid's club.

I know that on Celebrity the kids can eat in the buffet with the youth staff and other kids at 6 PM each night ($6 fee).

I am hoping that they offer this on RCL, which I am sailing next month but my son is now 6 so he can sit at the formal meals if necessary.

Do you mean the casual dining in the buffet area because Celebrity has never had a buffet for dinner on any of their ships.

My sister had to sign my niece up by a certain time each day (1:30 pm I believe) if she planned on leaving her for dinner at AO that night.

(Lordy, my neiece would BEG her not to forget to sign her up!)

This was on the Vision, Mexican Riviera route, Oct 2005.

From all the posts, it sounds like each ship has different ways to feed the kids BUT it sounds like they DO feed the kids!

Just be sure and ask!

Sailed the splendour 3 weeks ago boys 8 and 11. 5 night cruise, 2 of the nights only, they could have dinner with the clubs. Of course our boys where there both nights they love the clubs. The kids had dinner a buffet set up in the solarium. The kids clubs close for lunch 12 to 2 on sea days and 5 to 7pm for dinner.:( We have cruised with Disney the past 2 years, the number of kids was very much less than what you see with disney.:cool:

Archived