Best Beaches On Western Carbbiean Cruise

I am in need of help for beaches that are kid friendly but have other things to do such as wave runners or banana boats you could rent. We are a party of 11, 4 adults and 7 kids ages from 13 to 4 yrs old. If anyone would have some suggestions I would be very thankful. We are going on Explorer of the Seas April 8-15 and our ports are Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Thanks again:)

I am in need of help for beaches that are kid friendly but have other things to do such as wave runners or banana boats you could rent. We are a party of 11, 4 adults and 7 kids ages from 13 to 4 yrs old. If anyone would have some suggestions I would be very thankful. We are going on Explorer of the Seas April 8-15 and our ports are Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Thanks again:)

We just did this itinerary 2 weeks ago on Legend. Here are my recommendations:

Belize: Bannister Island is beautiful and there are some things for rent, I believe. Chairs and floating mats were free, first come, first serve. We used Coral Breeze Tours. I loved them, but you get there earlier if you book thru the ship.

Costa Maya: Take the taxi to Majahual and there are any number of places that have rentals and beautiful beaches. Massages on the beach, bars, food. I have heard good things about Tapas, but have not been there.

Cozumel-We loved Paradise Beach. You can buy a wristband and use the water trampoline etc. all day. There is no fee for the beach, they just ask that you purchase food or beverages. We found the food delightful and the drinks good. Paradise Tom has a great place-clean bathrooms too.

Grand Cayman: Definately Sea Grapes. All kinds of things to do there and the most beautiful beach we have been to. The softest sand ever. Clean bathrooms and a bar/restuarnt. Free for the beach, fees for the rentals.

Hope this helps and enjoy the Explorer! We are hoping to be on her next year!!

I definitely agree about Sea Grape Beach on Grand Cayman, we were there 2 weeks ago. The bus taxis fill up at the dock and charge $5/person to drive to the Marriott Courtyard/Sea Grape beach. There are showers, a bar and you can rent loungers. The water is a bit rocky in places, but you can snorkel and swim and there are all sorts of water rentals.

Get an early tender # - we didn't realize how slow the process of tendering would be and our # was 15/ We were lucky that we met someone who didn't want their #5 tender so we were off the ship 1 hour earlier than we would have been.

A third recommendation for Sea Grape (it is part of 7 mile beach) - it is idyllic... Don't let the taxi people try to convince you to go to anywhere else - insist on Sea Grape and you wont be disappointed :)

Boo

A third recommendation for Sea Grape (it is part of 7 mile beach) - it is idyllic... Don't let the taxi people try to convince you to go to anywhere else - insist on Sea Grape and you wont be disappointed :)

Boo

Right Boo Boo, seems like they always want to drop you off at The Colony Club. Do you think there could be a payoff?:rolleyes:

Right Boo Boo, seems like they always want to drop you off at The Colony Club. Do you think there could be a payoff?:rolleyes:

I think that you are right... quite a lot of the taxis will be getting commission from various resorts.

Sea Grape is very good.... just don't tell anyone (don't want it too busy ;) )!

Boo

Archived