Anyone recently got caught smuggling?

debster818

we were on the liberty 3-3-07 checking in going through x-ray . the guy behind us had three half gallons in his back pack he was pleding with them.

they told to but in his checked luggage he ran out the door with it I don't if got to the bags in time nor did I see him on the ship.

Snowman- I am sure that everything you do sets a perfect example for your children. I taught my daughter how to drink responsibly!

I agree with you, I taught my son how to drink responsibly! They are going to do it anyway why not teach them to be responsible!!

Ok so how do I smuggle? LOL leaving Saturday and dont want to go broke in the beverage department.. Any suggestions??

Jenn

I'm not sure but I leave Sunday but I plan on doing the following.

2 Bottles of wine (two adults) in my carry-on.

1 Bottle of Scotch and possibly 1 bottle of wine in my checked luggage.

Just make sure you put them in large zip lock bags then bubble wrap them.

VODKA:

Smirnoff, Absolute Reg, Vanilla & Citron and Stoli - $40.00

Kettle One, Grey Goose & Velvadeer (name could be with a B) - $60.00

RUM:

Bacardi O, Meyers Dk Rum & Capt. morgans - $40.00

Malibu - $55.00

Bacardi 8 - $60.00

JACK DANIELS - $55.00

WHISKEY:

Canadian Whiskey,Johnny Walker Red,Segram 7 Blk,J & B & Jameson-$38.00

Segram Crown Royal, Chivas Regal - $55.00

These are the only quotes I got. She said you can order up to 1 week before sailing date.

Do you know if these prices are for Pints, fiths or liters???? Can any on verify the sizes that are delivered to the rooms??

Just called Carnival Bon Voyage Dept. 1-800-522-7648

Absolute is 40 oz for $40

Smirnoff is 1 liter for $40

Belvadeer, Grey Goose, Kettle One 1 liter for $60

You order ahead of time and it will be in your cabin upon arrival. It can be consumed in you cabin or anywhere on the ship. Liquor bought in the gift shops will be held. Hope this helps:)

for the same stuff they sell on the ship for $10-$20 DF. Don't try to tell me it isn't the line trying to soak us. Last year I paid $20 for a ltr of Stoli on Princess delivered to the cabin and no 15% extra. I bought 3 bottles for 12 days. You can't drink their coffee!:rolleyes:

Just called Carnival Bon Voyage Dept. 1-800-522-7648

Absolute is 40 oz for $40

Smirnoff is 1 liter for $40

Belvadeer, Grey Goose, Kettle One 1 liter for $60

You order ahead of time and it will be in your cabin upon arrival. It can be consumed in you cabin or anywhere on the ship. Liquor bought in the gift shops will be held. Hope this helps:)

And I just called the Bon Voyage department, and they told me that I could NOT purchase alcohol for the cabin..

Musta' been a wrong #??;) Think I'll try again... :p

It seems that every time contacts Carnival with a question they get different answers so it appears no one there know what the hell is going on. All they can do is book cruises and then you are on your own. They are like the goverment "I'm from FEMA and I'm here to help you" I'll trust my own instints and do what I think is feasable. And I'll spend what I think is reasonable. The cruise industry is really trying to antagonize their customers while trying to squeeze every buck they can from them.

Actually the answers have been consistant, since the information finally filtered its way down to the "front line troops".

Take a myopic view of you want, just don't come back here whining when they take your stash away please. You have been warned.

The cruise industry is really trying to antagonize their customers while trying to squeeze every buck they can from them.

I don't think that "antagonize" is necessarily the word I would use, but they definitely are trying to squeeze every buck they can.

Don't let the dancing on the tables and folksy friendliness fool you. They are a business and as such are supposed to maximize profits for their stockholders.

Don't we all try to get the maximum salary we can from our employeers? Why should the cruise industry be any different?

I have been on a couple of Carnival Cruises and the liquor bill at the end of the trip can make you loose sleep.:eek: I have talked to people that put a couple of bottles in their checked luggage without any problems. I have even heard that the room stewards bring in ice and cups for them.:D I am joining the masses this time (Liberty on 4/22) and brining in a bottle of grey goose and malibu in my checked luggage and hope for the best. Anything to help with the sticker shock at the end of the trip!!!

Who in their right mind would purchase alcohol for that price and not be able to drink it on board? If that is the case, I won't be buying anything for that amount just to bring it home! I hear that alcohol is alot cheaper in the duty free shops and they will hold that till the end of your cruise so you can bring THAT home. I don't know if anyone in the BonVoyage Departments knows what is going on. Anyone else ever order alcohol from Bon Voyage?:eek:

Who in their right mind would purchase alcohol for that price and not be able to drink it on board? If that is the case, I won't be buying anything for that amount just to bring it home! I hear that alcohol is alot cheaper in the duty free shops and they will hold that till the end of your cruise so you can bring THAT home. I don't know if anyone in the BonVoyage Departments knows what is going on. Anyone else ever order alcohol from Bon Voyage?:eek:

Liquor ordered from the Bon Voyage department is delivered to your cabin the first day for the express purpose of consuming same during your voyage.

and its only an "I think", but from what I understand, alcohol bought thru Bon Voyage dept goes into your room, but it has to be ordered up to 1 week before cruise to get it. I think they mean alcohol bought onboard will be held. You pay the huge price thru Bon Voyage to have it in your room. At least thats what I understood it to be, please advise if I am incorrect.

Yes. I believe that is correct. If you buy through Bon Voyage, you get the liquor delivered to your room on the first day. The liquor you buy at ports, gets held until the end of the cruise at debarkation. It is expensive to buy through the Bon Voyage program (about double store cost).

When boarding the ship, they state in contract and brochures to lock all checked luggage. So do they(cruseline) scan all checked luggage and break the locks if alcohol is found?

We had no problems with this on NCL in 01/2007.

When boarding the ship, they state in contract and brochures to lock all checked luggage. So do they(cruseline) scan all checked luggage and break the locks if alcohol is found?

We had no problems with this on NCL in 01/2007.

Usually they put it aside and have you come down and open it.

Archived