no more grandeur?

She will be leaving Baltimore sometime in the fall and will be cruising out of Tampa next winter. (We're booked on her out of Tampa in Dec). Don't know what the plans are for her in the Spring of 08.

Tanker4

Hopefully it will be doing Canada and New England again too.

I wanna say it was doing a 8 nighter Can/NE on Jun 13th(outta Baltimore)..........then it was going to be going outta Norfok after that and doing Bermuda for the summer.........in the fall, some more can/NE cruises.....

We were interested in Bermuda so thats why we asked the LA this weekend.......

no, no no.... The grandeur is a very mobile ship, we sailed on her repo from NO to san juan. then she moved to baltimore...

-Bermuda May to Nov from Baltimore for 5 nights, rotating with

-9 night sails to canada and NE 6/1, 6/29, 7/27, 8/24, 9/7 and 9/21 then;

-Out of tampa from 12/17-4/12

-From May to Nov there is about one sail week in the caribbean from Baltimore

-Dec-thru March there are select sails to mexico-SA from Tampa

She has about 5 repo cruises a year with excellent itinerary choices

Hope this helps you feel better, can't have our favorite ship unavailable:eek:

carol

i understand all about the repositioning and how it moves to different embarkation ports during the year....the thread i read said they were pulling the ship from baltimore...insinuating for good...just wondering if anyone had heard that rumor

no, no no.... The grandeur is a very mobile ship, we sailed on her repo from NO to san juan. then she moved to baltimore...

-Bermuda May to Nov from Baltimore for 5 nights, rotating with

-9 night sails to canada and NE 6/1, 6/29, 7/27, 8/24, 9/7 and 9/21 then;

-Out of tampa from 12/17-4/12

-From May to Nov there is about one sail week in the caribbean from Baltimore

-Dec-thru March there are select sails to mexico-SA from Tampa

She has about 5 repo cruises a year with excellent itinerary choices

Hope this helps you feel better, can't have our favorite ship unavailable:eek:

carol

Looks like you have different info than the LA had........are you a TA??and what do you mean SA??? GR is going to SoAmerica from tampa?? HUH?

i understand all about the repositioning and how it moves to different embarkation ports during the year....the thread i read said they were pulling the ship from baltimore...insinuating for good...just wondering if anyone had heard that rumor

Mayeb I heard wrong or remember wrong,but I thought the LA said the GR will go outta Baltimore till jun 08.then go outta Norfolk...........and then wind up in Tampa............

But dont go by me,since someone posting above seems to have more specific info.....and I assume they are talking about 2008........

One way or another, we'll find out the week of April 2nd......

Looks like you have different info than the LA had........are you a TA??and what do you mean SA??? GR is going to SoAmerica from tampa?? HUH?

no not a TA, I use a site for cruise vacation searches and just type in grandeur and it all pops up, very easily, e-mail me if you'd like.

Sorry didn't feel like typing mexico- south america.... it's really CENTRAL AMERICA.... sorry for the typo and thanks for catching it... I hate to give bogus info... worked last night if I can use this for an excuse:o I'll try to fix it.

carol

nimbexed_n_down@hotmail.com

Umn, sorry I misunderstood. nope, now I can't comment on that or correct my South America info... its central ! Wish I could have helped, I hope your info is wrong, nothing personal.:D

no not a TA, I use a site for cruise vacation searches and just type in grandeur and it all pops up, very easily, e-mail me if you'd like.

Sorry didn't feel like typing mexico- south america.... it's really CENTRAL AMERICA.... sorry for the typo and thanks for catching it... I hate to give bogus info... worked last night if I can use this for an excuse:o I'll try to fix it.

carol

nimbexed_n_down@hotmail.com

But are you talking about 2008(starting April/May)?? Cause RCCL hasnt even released that info yet.......

Umn, sorry I misunderstood. nope, now I can't comment on that or correct my South America info... its central ! Wish I could have helped, I hope your info is wrong, nothing personal.:D

As in Belize...........yea,i see that........but thats not for winter of 08/09.............I think we're talking different time frames here.....

let me call RCL, but if it's anything like CCL, you have to call over 5 times and average the yeahs vrs neys to get some clue.... CCL reps are the last ones to know most days. I hope I won't be given the wrong info and it spread like wildfire here:o Will post back.

carol

I just called, they gave me Nov. 25 for the last Baltimore date then it return in april,and resumed it's previous itinerary with the adjusted dates no news of it not returning per RCL rep.... take it for what it's worth. but she wanted me to book!

just saw posted in another thread that they will be taking the grandeur away from baltimore...any truth to this rumor???:(

I just called, they gave me Nov. 25 for the last Baltimore date then it return in april, no news of it not returning per RCL rep.... take it for what it's worth.

Nov 25,2007 or 08?

I'm sailing with a large group on one of the repo cruises from San Juan to Baltimore departing April 19, 2008. Most of the Caribbean from around May 1 on hasn't yet been released by RCCL, so I think it will be difficult to find out what her future plans are. So far, I haven't seen anything from RCCL about a permanent homeport change for this ship.

Archived