no more grandeur?

Well, all i know is what the LA showed me on her pc............but so we know for sure,we just have to wait another week........:) I really wanted to do bermuda.didnt care what ship....but if all RCCL is doing is 5 nighters.forget it.......

Nov 25,2007 or 08?

Sorry parrothead8... if you could only read my mind... or I could post more clearly..... the Nov. 25th was 07, with a promised return April of '08 to carry out the same itinerary, the dates she started listing varied from a day to three of my '07 itinerary on my search site. So it seems that they are still collecting bookings as if there were no upcoming changes for '08 we hit June and I stopped her and clarified that there were no current plans to delete the grandeur from Baltimore in comparison of the '07 sailings and there was the tone of "you're kidding me, are you interested in booking or not". "what month exactly do you wish to look at"... So from the rep. it seems that there are no such changes... but I always take it with the salt. Plus I did not spend the time to map out to Nov., but they wanted my $$ to book out of Baltimore for '08.

carol

According to my TA, Granduer will NOT be sailing out of Baltimore in the summer of 2008. Her computer was showing Granduer sailing from Norfolk during that time. We talked to her last week and that is what she said. I think she even said there are no ships sailing from Baltimore in the Summer of 2008.

According to my TA, Granduer will NOT be sailing out of Baltimore in the summer of 2008.
And that matches what i said..........the GR will go outta Baltimore till early June, then go to Norfolk.......

And that matches what i said..........the GR will go outta Baltimore till early June, then go to Norfolk.......

Rumor has it Grandeur's not going back to Baltimore in April 2008, she's been redeployed. They removed the San Juan to Baltimore repositioning off the website a couple weeks ago and are not taking new bookings on it.

From what you've said, it sounds like they're redeploying her to Norfolk.

I am also patiently waiting for April 2 to arrive. :rolleyes: I am looking to book a small group / reunion to Bermuda for the summer of '08. Hopefully out of Phila. or Baltimore. Would GR be able to dock in St. George's and Hamilton?

I sure hope this is a sign-- perhaps they're bringing in a different ship??? Sure hope so. Love Grandeur-- so hope we don't lose ship(s) completely. The new terminal is just wonderful.

I too hope that it means that Baltimore is getting a different ship. I was so looking forward to doing a Canada/New England out of Baltimore in the summer of 08. I am freaking out now because I have been planning it all in my head!

I too hope that it means that Baltimore is getting a different ship. I was so looking forward to doing a Canada/New England out of Baltimore in the summer of 08. I am freaking out now because I have been planning it all in my head!

I don't think they have enough ships to go around. If don't have a ship to put in Galveston and New Orleans, I'm reasonably certain they won't have ships to put in both Norfolk and Baltimore.

I am booked on the April 19, 2008 out of San Juan and there has been an change to the itinerary

I don't know what is going to happen afterwards but I can tell you it is returing to Baltimore on the 26th of April 08 after that who knows???

NEW ITINARY APRIL 19TH IS NOW A 7 NIGHT

SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

CHARLOTTE AMALIE, ST. THOMAS

PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN

TORTOLA, BRITISH VIRGIN ISL

CRUISING

KINGS WHARF, BERMUDA

CRUISING

BALTIMORE, MARYLAND

One of the reasons they don't have enough ships to go around in the summer is that they will be having 7 ships in Europe for the summer of 2008. The prices for a family to cruise the Mediteranean or other Europe destiations combined with airfare are outrageously expensive (I calculated that 2 cabins and airfare, plus money for shore excursions, etc. could easily come to $20,000 or more). The summer is only time our family can cruise together as we have one in Grad school (soon to graduate and start working), one in college and one in High School. None of them have breaks at the same time. However, when we have cruised as a family, we have gone out of Bayonne for a 9 night cruise on a Voyager class ship. We did our first family cruise on Celebrity's Galaxy in August of 2003, out of Baltimore. While we all enjoyed it, the boys felt that it was too stuffy for them and there were not enough poeple their ages on that ship. They may have felt the same last summer when my husband and I sailed on Grandeur alone. Although, I think they would have enjoyed Grandeur more that Galaxy. I wish they would have put a port in Maryland south of the Chespaeak Bay Bridge where any size ship could have sailed from. Instead, if we want to be able to cruise closer to home, it looks like it will either have to be Bayonne or Norfolk. I prefer the longer cruises (9 night or more) that we can sail from Bayonne, Baltimore or perhaps Norfolk.

Mary Anne

We live in NC & prefer to drive to the departure ports. We'll be sailing on the Empress out of Norfolk in May for a 7-day Bermuda cruise. We already have several cruises booked for 2007 so we're looking at itineraries for 2008.

We've been wanting to do the Canada/New England 9-day out of Baltimore since it's a drivable port. We're very anxious to see if this itinerary will be available out of either Baltimore or Norfolk for 2008. I'll keep checking this thread since all of you seem to be so knowledgeable. When I called the RCCL rep she didn't seem to know anything. In fact she said that the 2008 itineraries won't be out until Jan., which I know isn't true. I wish they would educate their reps.

If anyone has any ideas or recommendations for finding out when the itineraries will be available & where to find them, we would appreciate it.

Lynn

If anyone has any ideas or recommendations for finding out when the itineraries will be available & where to find them, we would appreciate it.

Lynn

Opening March 14

Europe & Europe Cruisetours

Opening Week of April 2, 2007

Panama Canal

Northeast - Caribbean/Bermuda

Canada/New England

Opening Week of April 9, 2007

Caribbean - Year round/Summer Mexico

Transatlantic & Repositioning Cruises

Short Caribbean

Bahamas

Alaska & Alaska Cruisetours

Hawaii

Opening Week of April 16, 2007

Seasonal Caribbean

Opening Week of April 30, 2007

South America

Opening Week of May 7, 2007

Australia/Asia

I saw on another thread that she would be in Baltimore for Spring and Fall and sailing out of Norfolk in the summer.
Yes, thats right.........

I, too, am eagerly awaiting to find out if from Baltimore or not. I live 20 minutes from the Baltimore port and it was so nice to leave 1 hour before departure and get there with plenty of time to spare. Please say no to Norfolk. We are flying out to California, San Diego, and driving around Vegas and Grand Canyon this year. hoping for the Canada/New England next year around June 1st.

Mayeb I heard wrong or remember wrong,but I thought the LA said the GR will go outta Baltimore till jun 08.then go outta Norfolk...........and then wind up in Tampa............

But dont go by me,since someone posting above seems to have more specific info.....and I assume they are talking about 2008........

One way or another, we'll find out the week of April 2nd......

Kathy it is definetly going back to Baltimore for more Canada/NE cruises........we are booked out of there on September 21 for a nine night cruise..........confusion may lie in what it will be doing for the fall of 2008

RCCL announced yesterday, the Grandeur will be sailing out of NOrfolk from June 2008 until October (I think)...Norfolk will be making the announcement on Friday. 5 Day Bermuda and 7-8 day Canada,

Then I guess some more Baltimore till she comes to Tampa?? That means a repo!! Love those repos!

Archived