Muster stations on CB for Baja aft cabins

rrgreennc

Our group has 3 aft cabins on the Baja deck of CB (749-753). On our first cruise, we didn't plan ahead well and found that we had to climb 2 flights of stairs to get to our muster station, as the elevators were closed. Both my wife and mother-in-law have knee problems that make it difficult to use stairs, especially when everyone is in a hurry. My wife's knees were in pain the rest of the cruise.

So this time, I was hoping we could plan ahead and be on the correct deck before they shut down the elevators. To that end, does anyone know where the muster station for these cabins is located? And when are the elevators shutdown prior to the drill?

Thanks for any info.

To the original poster, while the posters above are correct about the location of your Muster Station, I think you were sort of asking an additional/different question.

There are no Muster Stations on the same deck as passenger cabins. All Muster Stations are on the Promenade Deck (and possibly below?) The deck immediately above Promenade is the Emerald Deck, and is the nearest deck with passenger cabins. So, no matter where your cabin is, your wife and mother-in-law will have to climb (or descend) stairs, I'm sorry to say. My grandmother and mother have knee problems, so I know how this can be an issue.

I should also add, however, that on our cruises I've seen many, many people with mobility issues (including people in wheel chairs and using scooters, etc.) In my experience, Princess has always been very good about accomodating accessibility issues. There has to be some alternative plan in place. I would recommend contacting Princess directly (or through your travel agent, if you used one) to see what, if any, accommodations may be available.

And, in any event, most likely the only time you'll have to worry about it is the Muster Drill before you leave port, and I'm sure they'll give you plenty of time and help.

Hope you find the information you need, and have a great cruise! We were on the Caribbean last December, and she's a WONDERFUL ship! :D

One thing you could do is just get down to the Promenade Deck early and sit somewhere else--carry your lifejackets with you and just hang around on that deck--we usually do that, too, so that we get a good seat in the muster station and don't have to rush.

Doodie:)

My husband and I both have knee problems. If there was an emergency we would be able to use the stairs but it is painful to both of us and takes days to recover.

On both the Star and the Crown we had aft cabins. We made sure we were aware of the route to be taken in case of an emergency then we took the elevator down to the Muster Station early. After the drill we wait for the crowds to leave and go back up the same way...

Thanks, all. It sounds like we just need to make our way to the Promenade Deck in advance of the muster time and have our lifejackets with us. That's exactly what I was looking for.

I'm not concerned about mobility in general - it just came up on us so quickly on our first cruise and we were left climbing stairs more quickly than DW really could handle (people pressing in from behind). Stairs are not a problem - speed and stairs, that's a problem. :)

Also, thanks to jennew for the comments about the cabins. We've heard really good things about these aft cabins and are really excited about them. This is only our second cruise and we had a inside cabin last time. We are really looking forward to the balcony (we got a great deal and couldn't pass it up).

Archived