Teeth Whitening Strips...

I've used Crest Whitestrips twice. They work really well, except they don't get in between the teeth. I had to use a whitening floss to whiten between my teeth...it worked pretty well. Also, the strips, especially the bottom ones are too small, in my opinion. You have to use them twice a day for thirty minutes at a time and it takes a week to completely whiten your teeth. Actually it takes two weeks....7 days for the top...7 for the bottom. And for the first couple of days, my teeth were extremely sensitive. I had shocking sensations when I would wear the strips, but it went away after a couple of days.

I'm about to try the new AquaFresh Whitening Trays. They're pre-filled trays instead of strips, so they cover more area.

I used the Crest whitestrips for my wedding, and while they worked quite well, they also drove me crazy! They slipped around a lot, and I couldn't stand the hydrogen peroxide taste. But that was the only option at the time. Since then I've used Crest Night Effects a couple of times -- that's the stuff that you paint on your teeth before bed. I liked the format MUCH better, but I don't think they worked quite as well. Still pretty good, though.

Cruzfan, I've seen the commercials for the Aqua Fresh trays, too. Please let us know what you think!

I've been using the Whitestrips premium, and so far am pleased with results. I put them on the the morning while I'm getting ready, and then either in the afternoon or night.

I had yellowed teeth from coffee and sodas, that were worse in the spots where my braces treatment had left scars. Those dark spots are much lighter.

To get those spots I use my finger nail to press the strips and whitening gel into the spots that were closer to "between" the teeth.

I will be curious to see how long it takes for the stains to come back, but it is supposed to last up to 18 months.

I use the Crest Whitestrips Professional and they work very well. I get them from the dentist. They are stronger than the ones that your buy at the store. I am using them now for my upcoming cruise.

I also asked at my dentist about their whitening process and the cost of it. The hygienist told me that the regular price is around $400 (not covered by insurance) but around the holidays, they do the whitening for $200. She says it's a kit that you take home and it takes about 5 days to work and she also said I'll have enough for two whitening sessions. We'll see.

But I'll try the Aquafresh trays first. If they work very well, I might just stick with that.

I had trays made of my teeth a few years back but had run out of the whitening gel and didn't feel like paying the $$ to get more. Tried the Walmart brand of the whitening strips (Equate) - don't waste your money. They were made out of a pretty thick stiff material so trying to bend them behind your teeth was almost impossible. They kept wanting to pop back out and when I did get them to sort of stay, they would slide all over because they seemed to have too much gel on them. After ten minutes of aggravation, I pulled them off and dumped the entire box. But then discovered a large tube of '5 minute whitening' gel at the drug store which only cost about $4.50 and am using that in my already made trays and it seems to be working.

I've tried em all!

The trays and the paint on stuff I couldn't stand long enough to stay with it for more than a couple days, so they didn't help.

I just finished the Crest Whitestrips Premium 10 day package. I put them on before getting in my car to drive the 30 min to work and took them off and rinsed when I got there. Did it again 30 min before bed.

I did top and bottom at the same time with no problems.

I thought they did a pretty nice job. My teeth were more sensitive to hot and cold after the first few days, but not too bad.

Don't know about the tartar, but I do know that if you have any white fillings, it won't whiten those. They told me that at the dentist. But it's not such a drastic color change that it would be noticable. I have a couple of white fillings near the front and mine came out fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying Crest white strips tonight for the first time. So far they are staying on good. I only have a few mins left till I take them off. I think they cover pretty good too.Thanks for the tip about creasing them into my teeth. I am trying that. My teeth already feel a little sensitive. I hope it does not effect me to much.I also had a chipped tooth that got fix and is a little darker then my other teeth. I hope my teeth turn out ok.I will let you know when my 14 days are up.

Wish me luck :)

The strips surely won't cause you any harm.:confused:

I've used the Crest Whitestrips, and they work just fine. You don't need to get the actual strip IN BETWEEN the teeth - it's the gell from the strip that does the whitening. So as long as you place the strip properly, and leave it the full time, and use them consistently, you will see results. No I've not noticed any weird "tartar" spots...never saw anything off color at all.

After I did the whitestrips however, I did decide that I liked the effect enough to have trays made at my dentist ($400) and I now use those, (and I do not pay for extra gel, they provide them to me free as I need them.)

I used the Crest Whitestrips Premium from the store last year. I really liked the results. My dentist gave me the Professional ones last week and I'm hoarding them until closer to my cruise date. I have perfectly wonderful teeth except for that smoking thing :o.

I bought the new Aquafresh trays today, supposed to be only 7 days and be able to tell in 3 days. Since I quit smoking I have been working on whitening my teeth, now to just stop drinking coffee...

I have used the Target brand premium whitening strips. The nice thing about them is that rather than being a thin piece of plastic, they are sort of like a piece of wax with the whitening stuff on it. It sort of molds to your teeth stays in place MUCH better. Cheaper too. Also, when you apply them, you are supposed to stick them on the front of your teeth and fold the excess over and it sticks to the back of your teeth. I have found when I do this (fold it over), I have much more problems with sensitivity after I whiten. If I just stick them on the front, I have no problems with sensitivity...and I am able to leave them on alot longer than the recommended time:o I have seen great results. Nothin to be worried about:)

I have very good luck with the Crest 7 day strips. They don't last a year for me, though; between the smoking, tea & diet cola drinking. I use them every 6 months, right after my 6 month dental cleaning. I also find that I sometimes have some sensitivity to cold/heat afterwards, so for the next 3 weeks or so I use Sensodyne Whitening toothpaste. This seems to prevent the sensitivity problem. At the end of the 3 weeks I use Listerine Whitening Rinse twice a day and switch back to my regular toothpaste(Crest Vivid White). (all done with the blessing of my dentist & compliments by people on how nice & white my teeth look) (which keeps them from noticing that I'm 40 lbs. overweight...LOL)

Used my first Aquafresh tray.. so far so good...

They are a bit weird, sorta like the strips but harder and formed. You stick them on and press and the gell spreads. I have tried a lot of various products and so far these are the best for comfort. I will report back after a few days of use to see if I can tell the difference.

I have used the Target brand premium whitening strips. The nice thing about them is that rather than being a thin piece of plastic, they are sort of like a piece of wax with the whitening stuff on it. It sort of molds to your teeth stays in place MUCH better.

Good description. That is exactly how the Crest Whitestrips are as well.

I used the tray and gel the dentist sold me....worked awesome...

Gave up coffee cold turkey 3 years ago june 26 (yup STILL miss it)..but after the dentist told me that was what was making all the stains I decided a great smile was worth it.

I use the crest strips in between if it looks like they are darkening a little....

A cap on front is my color guide as I had it replaced after whitening...

Teeth whitening update:

I started Fri night and I am already seeing results.The sensitivity is barley noticeable.My discolored chipped tooth is looking good already.So are my white spots from my braces. My strips do not slip at all and the coverage is good for me.My husband is also surprised by my results. I got the crest classic 14 day whitening pack.I will update you again soon.

I wish I took a before and after pics =(. Maybe I still can.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished my whitestrips and I am happy with the results.I would use them again. I kinda wish I had time to do two boxes, but I am so happy with my teeth being whiter.

Archived