Pre-pay tips?

alwzrgt

NCL UK allows you to pre-pay the tips - why not on NCL?

I've wondered that myself. What I did on our last cruise was purchase onboard credit, enough to cover the tips...and our shore excursions. You are charged right away and the credit slips are waiting in your cabin when you arrive. It worked out really well for me since I needed to earn the extra points on our NCL-BOA credit card to bring me up to the next 500 level and I could call in for another $500 voucher.

I'll look into that

I'm already planning on using my CC that has a credit balance as my on board card (set-up card)

Follow up question - If you book an NCL cruise that is in Europe - do you deal with NCL or NCL UK?:confused:

I'll look into that

I'm already planning on using my CC that has a credit balance as my on board card (set-up card)

Follow up question - If you book an NCL cruise that is in Europe - do you deal with NCL or NCL UK?:confused:

You deal with the office where you reside, not where the cruise is. Therefore, North American passengers will deal with NCL in the US for European cruises.

I've wondered that myself. What I did on our last cruise was purchase onboard credit, enough to cover the tips...and our shore excursions. You are charged right away and the credit slips are waiting in your cabin when you arrive. It worked out really well for me since I needed to earn the extra points on our NCL-BOA credit card to bring me up to the next 500 level and I could call in for another $500 voucher.

You cease to amaze me!

What a good idea:)

Thank you!

I think every state in America has a sales tax which would have to be charged for pre tipping unlike the United Kingdom.... Doing so In America would increase the total price of the cruise which would have to be taxed. Therefore, its not such a great idea in America as it would be in the United Kingdom.

I think every state in America has a sales tax which would have to be charged for pre tipping unlike the United Kingdom.... Doing so In America would increase the total price of the cruise which would have to be taxed. Therefore, its not such a great idea in America as it would be in the United Kingdom.

:( Thanks for "bursting my bubble!

Good tip;)

Archived