Canopy Tour Jamaica Pictures Anyone??

:confused: Hello my wife and I will be sailing on the Mariner of The Seas in December. My wife and kids want to do this zip-line thing. I however, am not excited about getting slung between two trees by a clothes line strapped to my crotch. I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or info on this excursion?? Pictures would be a plus too!

THank you very much for your time!

Sorry, I have no pictures at this time. Because last time in Jamaika we was only at the beach for a very nice swimming.

But next time in november we want to do the canopy tour! :-) I saw the trailer in the cabin, I think, this will be really an adventure... :-))) Also looking for pictures...

Ron

We did the Canopy tour in Jamaica last Nov. It is a thrilling experience. The harness is very comfortable almost like sitting in a chair. Good for all ages we are in our 60's and had no problem. Make sure you have closed toe shoes as this is a requirement.

I would do it again anytime, you feel like Tarzen and Jane flying through the jungle. It really is fun and the views are great.

We are leaving Saturday on the Enchantment and are doing the Canopy Tour. If you go to http://www.youtube.com and do a search for Canopy Tour in Jamaica you'll get a list of videos that people have posted of their experience. It looks like a lot of fun. Will let you know what we thought we we get back.

Gary

We had a great time doing the canopy tour in Montego Bay! I would definitely recommend doing it in Jamaica. The harness does look uncomfortable but it's not. Also you are thinking so much about what your doing you don't have time to think about how dorky you look, hehe. They also take pictures along the way and give you the option of purchasing them at the end.

Here are our photos.

Bon Voyage

Dawna

We are leaving Saturday on the Enchantment and are doing the Canopy Tour. If you go to www.youtube.com and do a search for Canopy Tour in Jamaica you'll get a list of videos that people have posted of their experience. It looks like a lot of fun. Will let you know what we thought we we get back.

Gary

Are you doing it in Jamaica or Cozumel? Cozumel is not the same by any means. There are no real trees or jungle for that matter in Cozumel. They are just platforms high above the brush trees. Completely different experience. If your going to Jamaica great but if your doing Cozumel you might want to rethink it. We did the off road cart adventure last month while on the Enchantment and it drives past the ziplines in Cozumel, wish I would have snapped a picture, it's just looks awful from the road, I could be wrong.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Does anyone know if the canopy tour for Ocho Rios is in the same location as Montego Bay? My DD wants me to do the zipline with her in Ocho Rios and I'd like to find out if the treks up to the platforms are difficult...lots of walking, incline, steps, etc, esp with 9 traverses. The zipline in Labadee may be ready by the time we sail, but they traverse only over water which will definitely not offer the same view/excitement. Dawna, how much were the pictures if purchasing? Thanks.

So how high is the zip-line in Jamaica??

You will be going from tree to tree and most times not more then 30 feet off the ground. The last section is 1000 feet long and probably 150 to 200 feet up as you cross a river. It is an absolute ball. I'm 60 years old and would do it again.

• 2 weeks later...

I did it with my dad in Ocho Rios last week! (i'm 13). It was really fun! We thought the harnesses were really uncomfortable though, and we were in a group of about 60 people, so it took a while to wait for each zip line. The positives far outweigh the negatives though! It was awesome and thrilling. I'd sooo do it again!

How long was the entire tour from beginning to end? What time did you get back to ship, because I still want to have some time after excursion, to look around Island village, but with 60 people???

Was it very slippery/difficult walking to the platforms? I know you're only 13... Thanks.

There was about an hour and a half left after the excursion. The platforms weren't slippery, but there were a lotttt of steps to get to some of them, and those were really slippery. They have ropes for you to hold onto though. Most of the steps are downhill.

According to the Original Canopy Tour site, the minimum age is 10 but if you book through the cruise line, the minimum is 12.

Lisacruises - I noticed in some pictures that were posted that some people had backpacks. I thought I read somewhere you could wear a fanny pack but it doesn't look possible with the harnesses. Did anyone use one?

My son and I did this tour last month in Ocho Rios and it was AWESOME! He is a big kid (6'4" and 230 lbs) and he didn't complain about the harness at all. There is alot of walking up and down some stairs, but it isn't too bad and the scenery is lovely. On our tour the guides took some backpacks at the beginning when we were getting harnesses and then they were returned to us at the end of the tour. We just wore cargo shorts and just kept everything in our pockets. We stopped at the Farm on the way back to look at pictures/shop for 20 minutes and we still had a couple of hours to walk around Ocho Rios and shop. Totally fun tour -I would absolutely recommend it!

I'm sure they'd be allowed, but on our tour no one took them. There are fairly long walks in between some platforms, and a backpack might be a hassle. Some people had fanny packs though. My dad brought a camera, but he just put it in his pocket.

Archived