Your perfect Martini

oldmovieguy

Mmmmm....I recently had my first pomegranate martini. Yum! :p

The pomegranate martini was my drink of choice throughout our last Galaxy cruise. Lets see 2 a night for 11 nights.......I kept telling myself that pomegrantes are so good for me. :D

Finally a post I can sink my teeth into. I practically lived in the Martini Bar on the Mercury last year. Brahni, the Bartender there, was a true artist.

The martini should be kept simple;

Bombay Gin, a whisper of vermouth and a small twist of lime (olives take up valuable space.)

Remember,

One martini is just right

Two are too many

Three are not enough

Dave

Finally a post I can sink my teeth into. I practically lived in the Martini Bar on the Mercury last year. Brahni, the Bartender there, was a true artist.

The martini should be kept simple;

Bombay Gin, a whisper of vermouth and a small twist of lime (olives take up valuable space.)

Remember,

One martini is just right

Two are too many

Three are not enough

Dave

Dave, can you point me to a few pictures of the Mercury Martini Bar ?

Does anyone else have Mercury Martini Bar pics on any internet sites?

When on Infinity last fall, I was given a mini-CD with Celebrity martini recipes on it, to the tune of a couple of thousand. I haven't looked at it yet, but now that I have the shaker and glasses, you can be sure that I will be trying a few soon!

The pomegranate martini was my drink of choice throughout our last Galaxy cruise. Lets see 2 a night for 11 nights.......I kept telling myself that pomegrantes are so good for me. :D

Do you remember how they made their pomegranate martini? Curious whether they made it with pomegranate juice (POM Wonderful) or Pamagranate liqueur (Pama). If making a martini, I use the Pama liqueur. But, I actually prefer Pomegranate Cosmo:

1/2 of a lime

2 generous shots of vodka

2/3 shot of Cointreau

1 shot of POM Wonderful juice

They're really great.

Dave, can you point me to a few pictures of the Mercury Martini Bar ?

Does anyone else have Mercury Martini Bar pics on any internet sites?

Hi Roy, click on my signature.....I know when I sailed to Alaska

last summer I took some photos with Brahni...(the bartender)

Brahni isn't there now there now but you can see a bit of the Martini

Bar. Those are on the Yahoo Site.

And on webshots there are photos of my first cruise on Mercury

back in 2004.

And when I get my photos back I will post more from this cruise too.

Actually I was behind the Bar with Juro for a bit LOL:) (not making drinks) just for the pictures LOL

For me there is only the Limon! Especailly in the tropics, you need the citron to ward off Scurvy, and other noxious diseases such as the notorious lackofcruise!

Colin, LOL....For 11 wonderful nights we were able to ward off that dreaded loakofcruise disease. :D :D :D

I am very susceptible to that disease right now. It's contagious too.

Damn lackofcruise disease. I've been told its passed on by those who most recently got off a cruise ship.

Martinis are the most effective antidote known human kind.

Yes, I also enjoy going to the Martini Bar. My first cruise was on Infinity in February 2002. Since then, I have been on two other Celebrity cruises, both on Constellation. I think they do a great job on martinis.

However, I also noticed that since 2002, the portion has decreased, and the quality of martini glasses have deteriorated. In my first cruise in 2002, they were serving martinis in an assortment of very large decorative martini glasses made in Germany. Depending on the exact martini you order, the drinks came in martini glasses specific for that drink.

On our recent two cruises on Constellation, the portions have decreased, and martinis are now being served on just one kind of smaller cheap-looking martini glasses (clear glass with an off-center blue stem), the kind you can pick up at places like Target (definitely not made in Germany.) However, we stiill enjoyed spending time in the Martini Bar area, especially just before dinner. We are sailing on Mercury next January. We are looking forward to seeing what the Martini Bar looks like on that ship.

In terms of ordering you "perfect martini," you should be able to order anything you like. If you are looking for a classic Martini (with gin and dry vermouth), I see no reason they can't deliver a great classic Martini.

Hi Roy, click on my signature.....I know when I sailed to Alaska

last summer I took some photos with Brahni...(the bartender)

Brahni isn't there now there now but you can see a bit of the Martini

Bar. Those are on the Yahoo Site.

And on webshots there are photos of my first cruise on Mercury

back in 2004.

And when I get my photos back I will post more from this cruise too.

Actually I was behind the Bar with Juro for a bit LOL:) (not making drinks) just for the pictures LOL

Thanks Lois, I checked out your Mercury pics amd the Zenith album too.

Hi:) ...I just got 25 photos of this cruise posted on there. Not sure

when you looked but it says "8 Night Mexican Riveria".

They are on Yahoo.

Roy, I just looked at your photos too:)...thanks for sharing!!!!

We found the best Martini's made by Astin in the Rendezvous Lounge on the Constellation. Better than the Martini Bar which was more about the show than the martini.

I went back on the ship after 6 months (First cruise was with my mother and 4 of her friends, 2nd with my husband and kids), Astin took one look at me and remembered my order! My husband asked, "just how much time did you spend in the bar on your last cruise?" My husband very quickly understood why!!

Archived