fitness challenge - serenade of the seas

i've read brief mention of earning cruise bucks for people who use the fitness facilities while on the ship ... can someone elaborate in more detail please?

what's expected?

what do you receive in cruise bucks?

what can you purchase with cruise bucks?

i'm trying to figure out if it's worth my while to work out while on the ship, or not?

You can get ShipShape dollars for LOTS of activities. I was on a 12 night cruise with a friend and she was obsessed with collecting them. We went to everything from "sit to be fit" to ring toss to morning stretch. You can do the "walk a mile" in the morning or afternoon, go to line dancing classes and just tons of other stuff. I don't know if you get $$$ for just working out on the machines in the fitness center because I am allergic to exercise and avoid it at all costs.

You can cash in your $$$ near the end of the cruise for various RCL logo items such as caps, visors, backpacks, etc.

thanks for the info.

so it's not the hardcore fitness stuff that needs to be done in order to get shipshape $$ ...

do the $$ depend on the activity? and how much of a discount can you actually get with shipshape $$'s ?

It's usually one $ per activity, but we went to a line dancing marathon class that lasted a whole hour (most activities are 1/2 an hour) and we got 2. The SS$$$ don't give you a discount on the stuff, they pay for it outright. Like a t-shirt might be 14 SS$$$ and a lanyard is 5, etc.

Archived