StingRay City and water shoes

Gary

I have this "phobia" about walking in sand with it squishing between my toes to the point i WILL NOT go to any beach anywhere without wearing water shoes.

They WILL NOT allow water shoes to be worn at Stingray City as the previous poster stated since you might not feel the stingray beneath your feet. Should you step on one and not be aware of it, the ray could sting you causing other issues.

I did get in the water and walk with the rays. I don't know if it is because the sand is so fine or if it is because the area is smaller and there are sooooo many people that have walked around on it to pack it down but the area DID NOT bother me. This is the only area I have been in that the sand did not bother me.

I know it sounds stupid as it does to me also but I just cannot stand that feeling of sand between my toes. Many people think it is the greatest feeling as it lets them know they are at a beach, it just drives me nuts.

Tim

the sand is really smooth and i didn't feel like i needed the shoes. the water is so amazingly clear.

i have to laugh when i remember this excursion because i was so excited but then when i saw how big they were i jumped on my friends back and screamed. after everyone got done laughing at me it was amazing.

Thanks all. You've saved us from lugging the shoes around with us.......

Gary

about not taking them. As others have mentioned, even though the sand is fine and soft in GC, you can use them at Labadee and Jamaica for that matter. They just might prevent some foot injuries if you plan on going to Dunns River....etc

Gary

I know it sounds stupid as it does to me also but I just cannot stand that feeling of sand between my toes. Many people think it is the greatest feeling as it lets them know they are at a beach, it just drives me nuts.

Tim

Same here. Thanks for letting me know. I may just leave the water shoes at home since this is the only water related excursion we are doing all week.

Is it April 1st yet?

Archived