My PVP laughed at me!

Tenga1899

Take this how you will, its either really sad on my part, or really really good. Since its because of you guys, maybe you'll think its good!!:D

I've been trying to put together a cruise for some friends and myself in May to celebrate graduation and having some fun before "real" life hits us. I'm usually the "social" guy in the group that plans stuff, so I started doing my research and have spent countless hours here. When I first called Carnival, the PVP laughed because I was asking questions that she normally hears from "seasoned" cruisers and she thought I was joking with her when I told her I had never cruised before! I've been schooling my friends on cruising since then, and she still didn't buy my story the other day when I finally booked! :) Oh well....

BTW, besides the purple, any thing I should expect out of the Sensation??

Welcome to the cruising world....it is soooo addicting!!!!

CAUTION: once you break the cruising virginity, this is your life:

Your either-

A) on a cruise,

B) searching for a cruise,

C) booking a cruise or

D) watching your ticker tick down, going crazy waiting!

Cruise Critics is a great community, we're all Cruise-o-holics ;)

Happy Cruising, Sea YA !!

CAUTION: once you break the cruising virginity, this is your life:

Your either-

A) on a cruise,

B) searching for a cruise,

C) booking a cruise or

D) watching your ticker tick down, going crazy waiting!!

Is that the truth or what? I go nuts if I am not doing some sort of travel research each day! :)

BTW, besides the purple, any thing I should expect out of the Sensation??

Sensation was a great ship.

We have sailed the 4 day, twice in the last 8 months.

You might want to head over to the Bahamas message board for some ideas of how to spend your time in port.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Are you doing the 4 day with Freeport and 24 hours in Nassau or the 3 day with just Nassau?

I can probably give you a few starting points to read the Bahamas board by....

1)are you looking to drink a few and party or for some quiet beach time?

2)do you want to do parasailing, jet skis and other powered toys or just relax all day?

Bill

love them gamecocks!!!

Hey, me too! :D I'm not even from SC, but I can claim a little tiny piece of myself there since my parents have a house near USC! Plus, I find myself oddly at "home" in Columbia, which probably sounds weird to so many people!

LOL, SC people are all over this one. We picked the 4 night with the day in Freeport and the 24hrs in Nassau. A few people wanted the chance to see the nightlife in some of these places. I didn't care, I just wanted to do something other than go to Myrtle Beach and see how many people can survive in one hotel room. And everyone has done road trips, so I said let's take a cruise, so there we are, a month from the Bahamas!!

Haven't gotten around just yet to deciding what we are going to do on shore, its such an oddball group. We'd like to do some meaningful things like snorkel and see some historical sights (already been looking at that walking tour that was elsewhere on these boards of Nassau), but at the same time everyone wants to party like its Cancun or something. These people are impossible sometimes. :) Now I know we won't be as bad as how some people are labeling my age group (those dern college "kids"), but we will definitely be cutting loose and celebrating.

And celebrate we will. I go to Georgia Tech, and the others are Clemson people, and going to REAL universities like that can wear you out. "Studying" in Little Five Points every night doesn't count as an education!!! LOL, just j/k...though my friends might say different ;)

Hey, I don't go to USC! I'm 10 hours from it! I've only ever been down to Five Points once for dinner! But I hear Thirsty Thursday is crazy down there!

My brother has plans to get my parents drunk on our cruise. I just roll my eyes at him because that's his goal the entire cruise. LOL It'll never happen! I keep telling him that there's too much stuff to see/do on a cruise to spend one's time sick!

I was on the Sensation back in November.

Had a freakin blast.

If you want a bar tender that will take good care of you... look for this guy Suresh... hes in my slide show below. He took very good care of my mother and I on our Sensation cruise.

I will be back on the Sensation in January... and I intend on looking him up.

Good luck and happy crusin!

And celebrate we will. I go to Georgia Tech, and the others are Clemson people, and going to REAL universities like that can wear you out. "Studying" in Little Five Points every night doesn't count as an education!!! LOL, just j/k...though my friends might say different ;)

Okay.... first off.... I have to say

GO DAWGS!

Now that I got that out of my system! :)

I am just south of you in Macon :)

As far as the past guest party, I do believe that is only after your first cruise and then on only cruises that are 5 Nighter or longer! :( Sorry

I would have qualified for this upcoming cruise, however, its only a 4 nighter

We crashed Lil' Five when we stayed over in Cola on the way to the Charlotte race last fall. Of all the bars I've been to in ATHENS, Atlanta, Charleston, Clemson, Auburn, etc. Lil' Five is the only place with a country bar that serves draft beer in frosted MASON jars....now thats what I call service!! lol. All I need to figure out for this cruise is how to redneck it up a bit without wearing a speedo, cowboy hat, and boots ;) Maybe I could start by spiking the iced tea with real sugar....

LOL, SC people are all over this one. We picked the 4 night with the day in Freeport and the 24hrs in Nassau. A few people wanted the chance to see the nightlife in some of these places. I didn't care, I just wanted to do something other than go to Myrtle Beach and see how many people can survive in one hotel room. And everyone has done road trips, so I said let's take a cruise, so there we are, a month from the Bahamas!!

Haven't gotten around just yet to deciding what we are going to do on shore, its such an oddball group. We'd like to do some meaningful things like snorkel and see some historical sights (already been looking at that walking tour that was elsewhere on these boards of Nassau), but at the same time everyone wants to party like its Cancun or something. These people are impossible sometimes. :) Now I know we won't be as bad as how some people are labeling my age group (those dern college "kids"), but we will definitely be cutting loose and celebrating.

hey ya'll!! i'm a cruise virgin too!! we'll be going in nov on the sensation..i'm also about 75 miles from columbia and myrtle beach and a couple of hours from charleston...all we do is go to mbeach so i finally talked my dh and most of his db and ds into going on a cruise together... hopefully we'll all still be family when its over..hehe! mbeach is great but we gotta find something new and cruising won!! let me know how you liked the sensation!! just went thru five points saturday and it was packed!!!kids everywhere!! guess that makes me old since i have a teen now!! oh well it still looked they where having fun!!;)

Tenga -- have a great cruise, but remember, just because recent statistics of survival are 3 for 3... remember, No Balcony or Railing Diving -- whether from drinkie or nookie! :D Tongue is firmly in cheek.

Sorry -- had to do it. :p

With 24 hours in Nassau, you should have PLENTY of time for everything you might want to do... (we always do the walking tour right after docking at 7AM and are poolside or beachside by 10:30-11AM)

There isn't a TON of nightlife in Nassau.

Definitely Senor Frogs right at the pier....

I'm sure on the Bahamas boards, Scubagirl or one of the locals from Nassau could recommend a couple more night spots for your group.

Personally, now that I am 42, my Wife and I prefer the peace and quiet at the British Colonial Hilton.

But many on the Bahamas board speak about Breezes resort and their $50 (or is it $55) all-inclusive daypass.(there is also a coupon in the local travel brochure/newpaper you can pick up in the Welcome Center that you have to pass through anyway)

Breezes is on Cable Beach with the other resorts, but for the cost of $1 Jitney ride per person each way and the daypass, it is all you can eat and drink and use of non-motorized equipment, from 9 or 10AM-6PM....

If I remember correctly, the alcohol is supposed to be top shelf in the drinks.(but please do a search on the Bahamas board to verify, since we ruled it out pretty early in our searches)

I know when my friends and I were in our 20's, spending our vacations in Ocean City, Maryland every Memorial Day, we would have loved a deal like that.

Freeport doesn't have as many options as Nassau, so perhaps you guys could do the snorkleing, etc... there on your shorter stopover.

Then have an all-day beach party in Nassau.

Definitely check out the Bahamas board, it helped us immensely in both our trips to Nassau this year.

Bill

Tenga,

My brother was tech alum...I myself went to UGA (just graduated actually) and I live near little 5 pts in the highlands. I still prefer Athens bars to the ones here...more laid back people and more "southern" men haha. Did you ever go to General's in Athens...the dixieland sweet tea in the mason jars were awesome! Guess I'm a little more mainstream and "commercial" as I still prefer my beer in a frosted mug than a mason jar. Hahaha small world, have fun on your cruise!

Tenga -- have a great cruise, but remember, just because recent statistics of survival are 3 for 3... remember, No Balcony or Railing Diving -- whether from drinkie or nookie! :D Tongue is firmly in cheek.

Sorry -- had to do it. :p

LMAO, I dont plan on proving you wrong, but your comment got me thinking about a friend going with me that had a head large enough that if he leans it to the side he starts moving that way....might need to warn him about staying near the railings topside if the wind starts gusting or the seas get a little rough! :D

As far as the past guest party, I do believe that is only after your first cruise and then on only cruises that are 5 Nighter or longer! :( Sorry I would have qualified for this upcoming cruise, however, its only a 4 nighter

Is this also the case for trying to achieve Platinum Status?

Archived