Carnival codes

mom2NnB

I asked this in the Cabin Selection board, but don't know if they can help as this may be Carnival specific.

What do the codes on Carnival's reservation pages mean? When you go to choose a room, it lists "Description - SH, N, FC, PW,...) What do these individual codes mean? Especially SH & N.

I asked this in the Cabin Selection board, but don't know if they can help as this may be Carnival specific.

What do the codes on Carnival's reservation pages mean? When you go to choose a room, it lists "Description - SH, N, FC, PW,...) What do these individual codes mean? Especially SH & N.

I pretended to book a cabin on CCL's website, and when you get to the page where you select your room, I saw the above mentioned abbreviations you asked about. If you click on the cabin number to the left, it tells you what they are.

SH - Shower

N - Smoking preference not supported

BA- balcony

LB- Large balcony

WB-Wrap balcony

OB- Obstructed balcony

TS- Tub with shower (in suites)

FC- Floor to ceiling windows

PW- Picture Window

I went to the different categories and selected a cabin # on each level to get the abbreviations, then looked them up to answer your question. Clicking on a cabin# if selecting your own cabin while booking or pretending to book on-line is the trick, the cabin number is on the left and gives the description for each abbreviation. Hope this helps:)

So just what does "Smoking preference not supported" mean? Can you or can't you smoke in that room?

You are allowed to smoke in the cabins, but there are certain areas on the ship you are not allowed to smoke in, the capers will tell you what these locations are. This is from the ticket contract:

© Guest acknowledges that Carnival’s vessels contain non-smoking sections. Guest agrees to refrain from smoking in those sections and agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark the Guest for failure to observe Carnival’s non-smoking policy

So just what does "Smoking preference not supported" mean? Can you or can't you smoke in that room?

Reads to me, you can not smoke in that cabin. Probably close to a JP-5 Fuel line, Oxygen Tanks or something :confused: I will ask when I get on the Spirit.

Fred

Archived