? about kids in their own room

SHELLKOV

This is one rule I wish Carnival would either enforce it or leave it go.

Why are some people allowed to book kids into seperate cabins and others need an adult in the cabin-- then playing musical rooms once onboard seems to be a pure hassle. .

It's for the safety and comfort of the guests.

Some parents would take zero responsability for their childen if they weren't forced to book them with an adult.

Even when there is cabin switching, the parents have no clue what kind of noise is going on at all hours.

I do understand your problem, I am assuming they are not married? but you would think if they show a BC to prove they have a child together that they are traveling with, there would be something they would do.

I just booked on 3/25 - 2 rooms adjoining on Legend for June. Paid in full. Officially it's DH & I in one room. The other room is DD15 and DS17. I was planning on a suite but the PVP suggested the 2 rooms & booked them this way - slightly cheaper & more room than the suite.

I just booked on 3/25 - 2 rooms adjoining on Legend for June. Paid in full. Officially it's DH & I in one room. The other room is DD15 and DS17. I was planning on a suite but the PVP suggested the 2 rooms & booked them this way - slightly cheaper & more room than the suite.

And two bathrooms. :D

Well, my TA has always said that I had to book myself and 2 kids in one room and DH and 2 kids in the other. Last time on the conquest (6/05) we went to the pursers desk and switched the names. When I asked for an extra key for the kids rooms I was told that it could not be done since the keys are the S & S cards. I remember that after the cruise many posters to CC said the same thing. Has Carnival since changed this policy or made this option available? It sure would make getting my kids up a lot easier than trying to knock their door down.

Well, my TA has always said that I had to book myself and 2 kids in one room and DH and 2 kids in the other. Last time on the conquest (6/05) we went to the pursers desk and switched the names. When I asked for an extra key for the kids rooms I was told that it could not be done since the keys are the S & S cards. I remember that after the cruise many posters to CC said the same thing. Has Carnival since changed this policy or made this option available? It sure would make getting my kids up a lot easier than trying to knock their door down.

No it's always been that way. Lot's of TA's interpret the regs the wrong way.

If in doubt book Carnival direct.

When we sailed on the Conquest, we were able to have our teenage boys booked in the cabin next to ours but the purser's desk would not make us an extra key (no matter who I asked, even the supervisor). They said it was because they could only issue as many keys as the cabin held (it was a 2 person cabin and the computer only let them give out 2 keys....so they said--didn't matter if they were sail and sign or room key only). Seems the rules are always different.........

We go thru this on every cruise with the kids.

We were just on the Pride recently.

4 kids ages 23-18-16-14

They made us set it up as me with 3 kids/DH in the balcony room with one kid.

We had to go stand in line at the pursers desk to get the room keys worked out. I like having unlimited access to the kids rooms. I leave them notes, sunscreen, wake them up (oh yeah, we still talk about the time we all missed an expensive excursion when one of the boys slept in and wouldn't pick up the phone....:mad: ) do "surprise" mom visits. Although I do knock first.

I also make sure the kids have a key to our room in case they need the camera, want to hang out on the balcony, watch tv, relax a bit etc.

Do you suppose some parents actually split up and sleep in separate cabins because that's how it was set up on paper?:confused:

We go thru this on every cruise with the kids.

We were just on the Pride recently.

4 kids ages 23-18-16-14

They made us set it up as me with 3 kids/DH in the balcony room with one kid.

We had to go stand in line at the pursers desk to get the room keys worked out. I like having unlimited access to the kids rooms. I leave them notes, sunscreen, wake them up (oh yeah, we still talk about the time we all missed an expensive excursion when one of the boys slept in and wouldn't pick up the phone....:mad: ) do "surprise" mom visits. Although I do knock first.

I also make sure the kids have a key to our room in case they need the camera, want to hang out on the balcony, watch tv, relax a bit etc.

Do you suppose some parents actually split up and sleep in separate cabins because that's how it was set up on paper?:confused:

Actually your party is 4 adults and 2 kids that is your particular problem.

I like having unlimited access to the kids rooms. I leave them notes, sunscreen, wake them up (oh yeah, we still talk about the time we all missed an expensive excursion when one of the boys slept in and wouldn't pick up the phone....:mad: ) do "surprise" mom visits. Although I do knock first.

This was my thinking too, but the purser's staff on the Conquest would not budge for the extra key(s)......talked to other parents in the same situation. In my case, I couldn't find my 15 year old and he wasn't answering the phone or opening the door. Turns out, he was fast asleep in the cabin (he wears hearing aids and just didn't hear the phone/door)---I was able to get the key from my 17 year old to check on the cabin. Even after explaining this to the purser, they wouldn't budge. I would think they (Carnival staff) would welcome parents wanting an extra key to check on their kids..........

Actually your party is 4 adults and 2 kids that is your particular problem.

That's what I thought too!! My original plan was to book the 4 kids in two side by side inside cabins right across or very near our cabin. Carnival would have nothing to do with it. Even with a 23 year old son who is completely independent lives on his own etc. and an 18 (just turned 19 year old son) who'd just returned from Marine Bootcamp.

Nope, had to book one adult over 25 in each room. The "kids" all had a great time and it all worked out in the end! But the 25 rule is a little silly when you have two "adults" cruising with their parents.

I like having unlimited access to the kids rooms. I leave them notes, sunscreen, wake them up (oh yeah, we still talk about the time we all missed an expensive excursion when one of the boys slept in and wouldn't pick up the phone....:mad: ) do "surprise" mom visits. Although I do knock first.

This was my thinking too, but the purser's staff on the Conquest would not budge for the extra key(s)......talked to other parents in the same situation. In my case, I couldn't find my 15 year old and he wasn't answering the phone or opening the door. Turns out, he was fast asleep in the cabin (he wears hearing aids and just didn't hear the phone/door)---I was able to get the key from my 17 year old to check on the cabin. Even after explaining this to the purser, they wouldn't budge. I would think they (Carnival staff) would welcome parents wanting an extra key to check on their kids..........

In our incident the ringer on the phone had been turned off, we went back to the cabin he was gone to the buffett, we searched the buffett, then he was roaming the ship.....!!!!! (I'm close to letting it go....)

I have never had a problem getting extra room keys made up. I don't do alot of explaining. I just inform the purser's desk that I need a room key, not a sail and sign card. I also don't allow my kids any charging priveledges. If they really want something, I will usually get it for them and then they pay me back. They don't want any logo merchandise so it's never been a problem.

Well, my TA has always said that I had to book myself and 2 kids in one room and DH and 2 kids in the other. Last time on the conquest (6/05) we went to the pursers desk and switched the names. When I asked for an extra key for the kids rooms I was told that it could not be done since the keys are the S & S cards.

I ask for an extra key for my kids cabin on every cruise and i am always given one.

The extra cabin key looks just like a S&S card except all it does is open the cabin door, I have a few of them laying around my desk right now.

I don't think she was asking about the booking requirements, sounds like they are already booked. I don't know what arrangments you can make for an extra key. You may just have to ask your sons to give you one of theirs and they have to share the other. Ask when you get your S&S card if you can have an extra key.

The key cards are made onboard, not by check in staff, so please don't ask them for one. It has to be done onboard, at the front desk.

But the 25 rule is a little silly when you have two "adults" cruising with their parents.

Are you kidding ? Do you think that Carnival hasn't been paying attention to the mayhem that has been caused by the younger set (or shall we say "young adults") on their ships ?

It was just a few months ago......two young adults trashed a room with spray paint on the Spirit. It had to be taken out of service for the next cruise, and the passenger that was going to be in that room had to be reassigned.

The young adults' parents were onboard.

Give Carnival a break. They have to do something to try to keep things under control.

I couldnt even get my 18 month old grand baby booked into a cabin with her parents since one is 20 and the other is only 22.. TO have a person in the cabin that is under 21 someone in the cabin needs to be 25.

This is a whole family-- and cant cruise together.

If the parents who are under 25 are married, yes they can be in a room together. They have to show their marriage certificate at check-in.

If the parents who are under 25 are married, yes they can be in a room together. They have to show their marriage certificate at check-in.

they are getting married on the ship-- so they wont / dont have a marriage certificate to book or board.

We were able to book those two together-- since they are getting married onboard- they just cant book their baby in the same cabin

Are you kidding ? Do you think that Carnival hasn't been paying attention to the mayhem that has been caused by the younger set (or shall we say "young adults") on their ships ?

It was just a few months ago......two young adults trashed a room with spray paint on the Spirit. It had to be taken out of service for the next cruise, and the passenger that was going to be in that room had to be reassigned.

The young adults' parents were onboard.

Give Carnival a break. They have to do something to try to keep things under control.

I agree Carnival needs to do something. What it is I don't know. On our cruise 2 adults in their 40's (no kids with them) trashed their cabin. Security followed them around for the rest of the cruise after the 2 of them were separated. Maybe they need to be stricter about collecting damages from the offenders.

Just to clarify things, I never made a fuss about the room set up. I inquired about it when I booked. Heard the rules and then got spare keys made up on board.

Also for anyone that needs spare keys made don't worry about doing it the minute you get on board just swap S&S cards with someone in your group. (your not getting off the ship for awhile anyway) Then go to the pursers desk late at night or early in the morning when there aren't any lines. I use a sharpie and write "kids key" or something on the room key card, never the cabin number in case it gets lost. Then make sure you get the correct S&S cards back to the right parties.

Really, Calicroozer and I are not exaggerating. We were on the Conquest at the same time 6/05 and the pursers desk would not give us an extra room key for the kids cabin. I asked multiple times and they would not do it. It would be nice to have some consistency with how things are handled on the ships so as to avoid all the confusion. Anyhow, I will try again this June and see how it goes as the teens are not across the hall, but down the hall on the other side.

Really, Calicroozer and I are not exaggerating. We were on the Conquest at the same time 6/05 and the pursers desk would not give us an extra room key for the kids cabin. I asked multiple times and they would not do it. It would be nice to have some consistency with how things are handled on the ships so as to avoid all the confusion. Anyhow, I will try again this June and see how it goes as the teens are not across the hall, but down the hall on the other side.

Oh, I don't doubt you. More then likely the Hotel Manager for the Glory was a bit of an "A type" personality and wouldn't allow it.

Also for anyone that needs spare keys made don't worry about doing it the minute you get on board just swap S&S cards with someone in your group. (your not getting off the ship for awhile anyway) .

and hope they dont charge up a storm- As much as I love my family members-- i dont trust them with my bank account.

and hope they dont charge up a storm- As much as I love my family members-- i dont trust them with my bank account.

Not to mention it would be kinda hard to get a "Fun Ship Special" with the S&S card of a 14 y.o. :D:D

they are getting married on the ship-- so they wont / dont have a marriage certificate to book or board.

We were able to book those two together-- since they are getting married onboard- they just cant book their baby in the same cabin

Ok, now thats just a tat bit picky and to the extreme on Carnivals part.

Archived