Extended Balcony on the Miracle

nycglitter

Has anyone had one of these cabins? How are the balconies? Carnival says they are 50% bigger, but is it really noticeable?

We've had the aft extended balconies twice and you do notice it........you can actually prop the door open and still move around!

We had an extended balcony on the miracle and I 100% would do that again (and will be on the legend same room/balcony type but up 2 floors this time. Everyone gets 2 glass panels for the balcony and we had 7 1/2 I think it was. Wowzers! :) We couldn't believe how much room we had and it was the same price as an ocean view for us because it was "obstructed" but really it wasn't obstructed enough to bother is for even 1 split second! They say you just can't look straight down to the water because there's a lifeboat right under the balcony but ours was so long we just looked down between 2 lifeboats and could then see the water. I did miss curling up inthe windowsill of the ocean view window and watching the water but the private balcony and fresh air was PRICELESS!

We had one and yes, you can notice a difference.

If you want to open the dividers between the balconies, the door swings towards the rail and they clamp it to the rail. If you do that, you loose some of the space on the balcony.

Also you are in the depressed part, on the side of the ship, and your view is sometimes obstructed, not only the lifeboats, but the protruding side of the ship. We could not see where the ship was going.

lets see if I can attach this picture... the smaller red square is an example of a regular balcony, the larger an extended balcony. Remember though some balconies extend out and some extend in length. This is obviously an example of one that extends in length. I have a shot from on our balcony (the larger red box!) but it has someone in the picture and I don't like to post photos on the net. I guess I could email it to someone if they wanted to see it - I just didn't want to put it out there for the world! lol! I think you may have to click on the photo to enlarge it...I'm not so great at this!

1429010776_balconyshotwithoutline.jpg.8e9ef16e07b70f1aa3d32046da5097ce.jpg

Are all of the aft cabins have extended balconies? we have room 8215, which is aft part of boat. I know it's a balcony, but do you think it could be an extended balcony? I cant tell by looking at deck plans. Thanks

Are all of the aft cabins have extended balconies? we have room 8215, which is aft part of boat. I know it's a balcony, but do you think it could be an extended balcony? I cant tell by looking at deck plans. Thanks

8215 isn't an extended balcony. The aft balconies we're talking about are on the very back of the ship, looking out over the ship's wake.

Cabin #6232 has a huge balcony length wise and has a convertible sofa that sleeps one. #8215 is on Panorama, has a regular deck and a conv. sofa also. If you get a catalog you will see the layout for all decks. It really gives you a much better idea of what is where. On Miracle, for instance, some cabins protrude and others are indented. We were on Legend and the deck layout is the same.

We are in cabin 8158 a category 8I on the Miracle. Anyone have a clue what this balcony will be like?

8158 is and extended balcony.....6ft deep by 9ft wide (the standard is 4 x 9)........it is centrally located in the recessed area above the life boats.......this is a good thing (centrally located)......if you are too far forward/aft in the recessed area your view could seem obstructed by the part of the ship that is not recessed. Being in the center gives you a nice panoramic view that doesn't feel at all obstructed (I'm not crazy...I've read complaints about it before).

For us we didn't want to look down on the lifeboats so we switched to the non-recessed area (no lifeboats).........we like the water against the hull, but it's a minor factor, and just a personnal choice.

I was home from the Miracle a week before I was booked to go back..............you have a great cabin on a beautiful ship............I'd book that in a heartbeat.

I LOVE THIS SHIP!!!

Has anyone stayed in 6333 on the Miracle? We booked it because we thought the back would be a great place to see the views. Its a 8E not sure if it extended. This is are first cruise and we can't wait till Jan 08.:D If anyone has info that would be great.

Has anyone stayed in 6333 on the Miracle? We booked it because we thought the back would be a great place to see the views. Its a 8E not sure if it extended. This is are first cruise and we can't wait till Jan 08.:D If anyone has info that would be great.

it is extended because the aft cabins are shaped like the back of the ship, so they will slope away...............

...............you are in T-rouble.................The Miracle is a wonderful ship, with a fantastic crew, you have a great cabin, and it comes with a beautiful view.

ONLY PROBLEM..........How long will it take you to book another? LOL ENJOY!!

...............you are in T-rouble.................The Miracle is a wonderful ship, with a fantastic crew, you have a great cabin, and it comes with a beautiful view.

ONLY PROBLEM..........How long will it take you to book another? LOL ENJOY!!

Wow, chitown, you are right. My wife and I got back last Sunday and I'm still suffering from Miracle withdrawal. I've been on the Carnival website every night looking for our next cruise. BTW, thanks for the advice you gave me about cabin locations on the Miracle. We loved our room and had a fantastic time!

Since we live in Florida, I doubt we'll be on vacationing on the Miracle again.On the other hand, maybe I could combine our next cruise with a vacation to NYC...

Wow, chitown, you are right. My wife and I got back last Sunday and I'm still suffering from Miracle withdrawal. I've been on the Carnival website every night looking for our next cruise. BTW, thanks for the advice you gave me about cabin locations on the Miracle. We loved our room and had a fantastic time!

Since we live in Florida, I doubt we'll be on vacationing on the Miracle again.On the other hand, maybe I could combine our next cruise with a vacation to NYC...

Thats great....I remember that you and I had a chat about the cabin issue.........I'm relieved I didn't steer you wrong :eek: LOL.

Don't give up on the Miracle out of Fl.....we are doing the 8 day Southern out of FLL....next October.....join us:D

:DThats sound great. I have heard all good when it comes to Carnival and the Miracle. I researched for a month before hubby and I decided on the cabin and cruise but we aren't going to be able to cruise again until 2010. :(Maybe Hawaii is next on the list. Cruise Critic is a great place to get in the know about everything needed to have a great cruise vacation.:)

8158 is and extended balcony.....6ft deep by 9ft wide (the standard is 4 x 9)........it is centrally located in the recessed area above the life boats.......this is a good thing (centrally located)......if you are too far forward/aft in the recessed area your view could seem obstructed by the part of the ship that is not recessed. Being in the center gives you a nice panoramic view that doesn't feel at all obstructed (I'm not crazy...I've read complaints about it before).

For us we didn't want to look down on the lifeboats so we switched to the non-recessed area (no lifeboats).........we like the water against the hull, but it's a minor factor, and just a personnal choice.

I was home from the Miracle a week before I was booked to go back..............you have a great cabin on a beautiful ship............I'd book that in a heartbeat.

I LOVE THIS SHIP!!!

Thanks for the info. Do you think they would allow us to switch cabins? If so, what should I be asking for? Back of the ship (We have four of us in the cabin)? I would love the biggest balcony (for the money) with the best view. HELP!!!!:confused:

I'm an oddball :D I got an upgrade to an extended balcony (NOT AN AFT!!!) on the Miracle, and I wouldn't have paid for it... just not that much of a difference... I'd take it if it were a free upgrade again, but I wouldn't pay extra for it... I haven't had a problem with a standard balcony. Now, I had an L shaped AFT cabin with the long balcony on the Conquest and it was very nice... and we have a TRUE AFT cabin on the Liberty in October... can't wait for that... those are different and yes, I would pay more for those :D

book-a-roo: what cabin number were in in? We are sailing on the Miracle in June and have cabin 6232 which is supposed to be extended in both length and width. I looks like its right above your large red box.

```````````

5236 :)

And yes yours is exactly above it! :) VERY NICE CHOICE! :)

I'm an oddball :D I got an upgrade to an extended balcony (NOT AN AFT!!!) on the Miracle, and I wouldn't have paid for it... just not that much of a difference... I'd take it if it were a free upgrade again, but I wouldn't pay extra for it... I haven't had a problem with a standard balcony. Now, I had an L shaped AFT cabin with the long balcony on the Conquest and it was very nice... and we have a TRUE AFT cabin on the Liberty in October... can't wait for that... those are different and yes, I would pay more for those :D

We were upgraded several floors and given an extended balcony for no extra $$$. We are family of four and unfortunately none of the cabins in the back of the ship will accommodate us.:confused:

I also just got off the Miracle last Sunday. Our waiter told us that the Miracle is only doing NYC and FLL until November, then it will be back in Tampa.

The Miracle is an awesome ship. It is very easy to get around on the decks. We had cabin 8175. It has a great extended balcony. It is a categoy 9A.

Archived