Need your help PLEASE !!!!!

JuniorCruiser

Hubby and I are waiting to hear back from our travel agent about a cruise on the Crown Princess. Do you think it's a good idea to book a AE Mini Suite Guarantee? We have never booked a guar. before and would like to know your opinions about it. This will also be our very first Princess cruise so any info you can give us about the Crown would be much appreciated.

Thank You So Much In Advance :)

~~Debbie~~

We always get a gauranteed cabin and usually even pick it out. This means we usually know our cabin # long before anything else. I think that this may keep the Upgrade Fairy away, but I'd rather pick out the cabin I want than just hope for the best.

We haven't sailed on the Crown yet, but we have enjoyed our previous cruises with the line. Get on the Roll Call forum and see if there's one started for your cruise - that's a great way to hook up with folks beforehand.

Have a great crusie.

Charlie

I don't think it makes any difference or influences the Upgrade Fairy if you book a GTY or a specific cabin. If you want a mini-suite, you will get one either on Dolphin or Emerald deck. If you get an "upgrade" it could be in any mini-suite location; chances of your being upgraded to a full suite are pretty slim. If the cost is the same or almost the same, book the cabin in the location you want and are happy with. Otherwise, you could wind up in a location that you don't want.

To me, booking a mini-suite GTY is very different from booking an inside or outside GTY. With the inside or outside cabins, there are a lot of options and possibilities where you'll end up or possible upgrades. With a mini-suite, it's either Dolphin deck or Dolphin deck (since most AD mini-suites on Emerald deck are usually booked early since they are the only full-covered mini-suites.)

I will admit to preferring to chose my cabin location but I have booked guarantees before and never had a problem with them. If you really don't care where your cabin is why not go for it on the slim chance that you do get an upgrade?

Archived