celebrity back office doesn't work well

ghstudio

I pre-registered on the celebrity site and made sure that our three staterooms were linked both for meals and for charges. I verified everything before we left for Miami. Each of our three parties arrived at the dock to board at different times and the only one that had charges pre-registered (according to the person checking us in) was us. As my children arrived, they had no record of charges going to my room....so they each had to produce their own credit cards. Why did I bother to use the Celebrity internet boarding procedure if the information doesn't get to the boat?

I then had the intelligence to check on our meal seating. Yes, all three couples were at the same seating...but assigned to different tables. I fixed the problem, however the dining steward insisted that my TA had booked the trip incorrectly. I stepped out on deck and called my TA to see what happened. She called Celebrity who said that the three bookings were all linked correctly on their system. The information just never got to the ship.

Be VERY careful and assume that any information you put in on Celebrity's internet site did not get to the ship. Check every excursion, seating, charge card to make sure what you signed up for is actually what the ship thinks. It will save you a lot of potential grief....

Sorry that happened to you. Planning a cruise can be stressful enough without having to deal with all that.

All of the information that I provided via the internet showed up on my travel docs when I received them. The only thing I had to provide afterwards was the last for digits of the cc# I'll be using for the charge account. Since I'll be bringing my docs with me, I'm not too worried about having the information reach the ship.

Celeste

Guess what? No matter what cruise line you want to name, every line has the same problems! It is not unique to Celebrity. As long as there are people and computers, errors will continue to be made.

We spent an entire voyage on the N. Crown (NCL) trying to get our on board credits and credits owed us from a previous cruise straightened out. First thing I told the young lady at the Purser's deck, plan to see me everyday until you receive the okay to post the credits to my account from NCL headquarters. We became good buddies and it became a standing joke everyday that I would stop by and ask what the status was. When the credits were finally posted, she told me to stop by and just say "Hi" since I was one of the more understanding passengers who didn't blame her for what went on shoreside.

Life is what you make it. Don't let it spoil your voyage.

MARAPRINCE

Since you NEVER put any credit card info except the last four digits into the preboarding information, it is necessary that the credit card be displayed during check-in at the pier. If your other guests did not check in with you, then they didn't have that credit card to show.

Seems like a procedure to safeguard you and your credit card to me.

Since you NEVER put any credit card info except the last four digits into the preboarding information, it is necessary that the credit card be displayed during check-in at the pier. If your other guests did not check in with you, then they didn't have that credit card to show.

Seems like a procedure to safeguard you and your credit card to me.

Right on !!!

Standard policy.

Cheers

:)

In my review for this cruise(march 11-march 25) i was critical of the line for the prob you mentioned-they encourage you to take the time to file info for your credit card, only to find that as you stand in line at the dock to get your room key, they make you do it all over again.:rolleyes:

I pre-registered on the celebrity site and made sure that our three staterooms were linked both for meals and for charges. I verified everything before we left for Miami. Each of our three parties arrived at the dock to board at different times and the only one that had charges pre-registered (according to the person checking us in) was us. As my children arrived, they had no record of charges going to my room....so they each had to produce their own credit cards. Why did I bother to use the Celebrity internet boarding procedure if the information doesn't get to the boat?

I then had the intelligence to check on our meal seating. Yes, all three couples were at the same seating...but assigned to different tables. I fixed the problem, however the dining steward insisted that my TA had booked the trip incorrectly. I stepped out on deck and called my TA to see what happened. She called Celebrity who said that the three bookings were all linked correctly on their system. The information just never got to the ship.

Be VERY careful and assume that any information you put in on Celebrity's internet site did not get to the ship. Check every excursion, seating, charge card to make sure what you signed up for is actually what the ship thinks. It will save you a lot of potential grief....

Archived