Mercury's odd pricing

ekeberg

I just went into the Celebrity web site to check to see if any prices have changed and they are now selling CC cabins for $200 per person less than the 2A cabins. This is for the July 13th Alaska cruise out of Vancouver.

A couple of weeks ago we gave up our CC cabin and booked one of the old FO cabins that are now selling as 2A since they will have verandas put on them in April. We save $100 per person but if we kept the CC we would now owe $400 less.

I called my TA and have to check to see if what I was seeing was correct and she said that Mercury has been changing prices all over the place but she has not seen it with any other Celebrity ships.

Does anyone know whats up?

Lynn

Chessbriar,

I should of listened to you when you told me not to give up the three CC cabins we had on the Sky deck for the new aft 2A cabins, but I left it up to my friend who will be celebrating her birthday on this cruise.

I have not called her to tell her how much they lowered the CC cabins to.

Lynn

We stayed in one of the family sized ocean view cabins on the Mercury a couple of years ago and even though it didn't have a private veranda, you might as well have said it did. I don't think you will be disappointed. Of all the rooms we have booked on different ships, this was the one that stood out as being our favorite!! We just walked out our door and had the whole back of the ship to ourselves....I would say, we used it as our 'private' veranda (much larger of course) for about 95% of the cruise. Nobody was ever out there besides us. I wouldn't switch back if it were my choice. They are rooms to treasure. I was rather disappointed when I tried to book one again and they were limited to those that had at least four passengers. I was tempted to pay the extra and not have the third and fourth passengers show. I don't know if Celebrity is still limiting these rooms to groups of 4 or 5. That seems rather rediculous if a couple is willing to pay the fare.

We stayed in one of the family sized ocean view cabins on the Mercury a couple of years ago and even though it didn't have a private veranda, you might as well have said it did. I don't think you will be disappointed. Of all the rooms we have booked on different ships, this was the one that stood out as being our favorite!! We just walked out our door and had the whole back of the ship to ourselves....I would say, we used it as our 'private' veranda (much larger of course) for about 95% of the cruise. Nobody was ever out there besides us. I wouldn't switch back if it were my choice. They are rooms to treasure. I was rather disappointed when I tried to book one again and they were limited to those that had at least four passengers. I was tempted to pay the extra and not have the third and fourth passengers show. I don't know if Celebrity is still limiting these rooms to groups of 4 or 5. That seems rather rediculous if a couple is willing to pay the fare.

We have one booked for 4/27, Coastal Wine Cruise, and there are just 2 of us. I'm curious to see how the cabin will now look with the verandah added. I'll post after our cruise.

Karyn

it's not just Mercury...we're going on Infinity to Alaska and just for fun I looked up the price today (we are in a CS and I know suites never drop !) but today the SS is even more than the one CS that's available...I know they have a balcony but an SS more than a CS ?? , that's strange. Who knows how they make up these prices !

I'm taking Infinity in July and also found out the price has dropped quite a lot and received a credit.

But I like to know if anyone has an answer for me. I made a group reservation (8 cabins) a few months ago and the group dept said I only have 2 choices in terms of cabin categories - oceanview rooms on 2nd deck and concierge rooms w/veranda. I wanted to reserve mix of oceanview (not on the bottom deck) and normal veranda rooms (not concierge). So all my 8 cabins are on the 2nd deck w/oceanview windonws. With the price drop, I like to upgrade to a better category. Can I do this? To get a group amenity points, they told me I need to make a group reservation, but I don't like the restriction limiting the cabin categories for a group reservation.

I'm taking Infinity in July and also found out the price has dropped quite a lot and received a credit.

But I like to know if anyone has an answer for me. I made a group reservation (8 cabins) a few months ago and the group dept said I only have 2 choices in terms of cabin categories - oceanview rooms on 2nd deck and concierge rooms w/veranda. I wanted to reserve mix of oceanview (not on the bottom deck) and normal veranda rooms (not concierge). So all my 8 cabins are on the 2nd deck w/oceanview windonws. With the price drop, I like to upgrade to a better category. Can I do this? To get a group amenity points, they told me I need to make a group reservation, but I don't like the restriction limiting the cabin categories for a group reservation.

You cannot have it both ways. Either make individual bookings ot do a group contract. The rules and perks are not interchangeable.

Archived