Mariner Prominade View Rooms

Hello all!

My wife and two teenage daughters will be sailing on the Mariner of the Seas the week before Christmas. This is thier first cruise and my second, the first being on the Carnival Liberty. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Prominade rooms. How they compare in size to maybe carnival or just rooms in general. How close they are to the rooms across the prominade? Or maybe anyone with pictures? Thank you for your help. Also how thick are the walls. Our daughters have the room next to use and we don't want them to ummm hear....things...you know..:o

We were in a PR cabin on AOS earlier this month which is a Voyager class also. The PR are 167 sq.ft. according to RCI website which is the largest inside cabin. We found it roomy enough for us. It was fun watching the parades and other activities in the Royal Promenade from our cabin's bow window. They are somewhat noisier than a regular inside but that depends on the cabins location. Our was right above the Duck & Dog pub so we could here the entertainer there in the evening. We had a connecting cabin and could hear the occupants in the adjacent cabin but it was not bothersome. The cabins across the promenade are about 25 ft. away. Click on attachment to see enlarged picture.

DSC00114a.jpg.81cfb34567b8578e880a81176ed60b72.jpg

Hi, PR View Cabins on MOS are 153 square feet - we just came back from MOS March 11 cruise - we had connecting PR cabins for DW, myself and our kids - aged 7 and 3 and the connecting cabins were awesome!

We had views of the promenade with big windows so the cabins felt larger than the 153 sq feet would indicate. We were able to see the parades from our cabins and it was nice in general to have a window on the activity below.

Do you have adjoining cabins or connecting cabins?

TIA

Jason

Personally I hated having adjoining cabins with the kids. On CCL you have control over the lock on the adjoining cabin door..ON RCI there is no choice. It is either unlocked or locked. What I would do, is get a cabin across the hall from them and really enjoy the balcony cabin across from them. Coming from CCL to RCI you will see a big diff in the cabin sizes. On RCI they are smaller. They are also laid out better and the use of the space is better. For some reason you do not hear as much from the cabin to hallway noise, but you will hear some noises from the neighbor. It would surely inhibit me for sure. Also on CCL there was a radio over the bed to drown out cabin noise. None on RCI. Also, if you get a balcony the kids have to KNOCK to come in. The difference is not that much. Try to go with the lower priced balcony cabins and the difference will not be that much. Surely worth privacy. The balcony door is nicer on RCI than CCL. On RCI you can leave it open or closed or open slightly. On CCL it is open or closed or put a chair there to keep it open. Been on MOS twice. Lovely ship. Great cruise. You will love it. But get another cabin.

Hi, PR View Cabins on MOS are 153 square feet - we just came back from MOS March 11 cruise - we had connecting PR cabins for DW, myself and our kids - aged 7 and 3 and the connecting cabins were awesome!

We had views of the promenade with big windows so the cabins felt larger than the 153 sq feet would indicate. We were able to see the parades from our cabins and it was nice in general to have a window on the activity below.

Do you have adjoining cabins or connecting cabins?

TIA

Jason

Hello Jason'

We are in adjoining cabins 7277 and 7275. According to my TA they are near the center of the ship.

Can you see into other cabins that are directly across the promenade (or, I guess I'm wondering if they can see in). I can just see my kids whipping open a curtain while I'm getting dressed!

TIA,

Mel

Mel, you're absolutely correct, you CAN see into the rooms. Just remember, anywhere YOU can see, anyone else can see you!!! There are two sets of drapes. One is a set of shears that allows light into your room and the other is a light blocking set of drapes that makes the room totally dark.

I stayed in a Promenade Stateroom last September and have reserved one again this year. I just enjoy people watching if I have 10-15 minutes before leaving for dinner. Noise was minimal and overall was less problematic than other rooms we've had. In the past, we've always had KIDS in rooms next to us, it seems that are totally OUT OF CONTROL in the wee hours of the morning.

The rooms are a nice size and you'll have a great time. Go for it!!!

Hello Jason'

We are in adjoining cabins 7277 and 7275. According to my TA they are near the center of the ship.

Excellent choice! - those two cabins are connecting cabins - as other poster stated the connecting door (adjoining would mean next to each other) is either locked or unlocked - as unlocked you can have the door closed or as open as you want - FWIW, either have the door full open or full closed at night as when the ship is really moving, the door can (and did) move and slammed shut one night when we were sleeping (quite a surprise).

Yes, whilst in a PR cabin, you need to close your privacy curtain as people can easily see into your cabin from other PR cabins

Enjoy!

Archived