New Navigator suite 1125 ???

Llandar

During a recent refurbishment, the beauty salon on the Navigator was moved forward to the spa area and a new "Navigator Suite" category, #1125, was added in its place. I am very interested to know if this suite is identical in size and layout to the Navigator suites on deck nine. The RSSC reservation folks have no specific information on this suite and the deck plans in the brochure are vague.

Does anyone have any personal experience with this new suite? If anyone is on the Navigator now, or will be going soon, I would really like to know the scoop on this cabin: is it the same sq. footage? Is the bedroom separate? Is the verandah the same size? Is the window in the livingspace a full floor to ceiling or just a standard size window?

Any first hand knowledge would be greatly appreicated! Thanks!

From the deck plan, it looks like 1125 is the same configuration as the other Navigator suites, but I am curious to know if this is really the case. If 1125 were to have an extra large balcony it would be quite interesting to us. One advantage that it certainly will have, however, is that it isn't directly under the pool deck.

Just wondering if anyone has ever responded to the observed differences from actual experience from suite 1125 on the Navigator?

I think Travelcat2 is trying to get the info since she is on the boat,

we are talking about it also under the heading

Comments live from the Navigator 3/30

I just emailed the boat to see if they could give out any info to me

that I could pass on.

OH:cool:

Llandar,

Here is the info I got from Regent, I also have a few pictures if you

want to leave your email or me leave mine

OH

information on the new suite # 1125, recently created in the space previously occupied by the Beauty Salon, which has now been relocated to Deck 12 to be part of the Spa/Fitness area of the ship.

The new suite is 441 sq.ft. in total size (385 sq. ft. of living space, 56 sq. ft. of balcony).

OliverHazard,

I got the pictures, thank-you for your research efforts. We have concluded that suite 1125 is inferior to the other "Navagator Suite" category suites on deck 9: primarily, less square footage and lack of floor to ceiling window in the bedroom. We changed our booking today to a deck 9 location. We just hope the scraping of deck chairs above won't be a problem.

Thanks again!

Hi OH -- haven't posted for a couple of weeks. It's interesting that this suite is smaller than "normal" ones. My concern isn't the size of the suite -- we just would not want a suite under the deck with the swimming pool. We had that experience on the Voyager -- for this reason we were on deck 8 on the Navigator last month and booked the same deck (but a Penthouse suite) on the Voyager for next year. Scrapping of chairs as well as the kids (not many but still there) running back and forth on the deck above us was not pleasant.

The Cruise Director on the Navigator helped us choose the suite for our 2008 cruise -- it was not under the pool deck or under the workout facilities.

Have you booked your next cruise yet?

Regards,

TC2

TC2,

I hope that Llandar reads your post because I think she

booked under the pool deck. Is it really that bad? I can

imagine it might be noisy!

I talked with the kids today and they would really like to

do a cruise through the Alaska area. I looked at Spring

Break next year and there is not really anything. My DH's

next vacation is not until next Sept. since he took off

two weeks for our Navigator trip and then the trip to

FL with the kids for Spring Break. I am wondering if he

would consider changing that so we could take the kids

before they go back to school.

I was talking with someone else about the Mariner and if

they have connecting rooms which I can't find any diagrams

of. I posted a thread but never really got an answer. Of course

I could call but that would require that I remember to do that!!

I did enjoy your review and was just sad that the food was not

good and Portofino was a disappointment. My husband still talks

about some of the dishes in the Compass Rose because it was

so good. I could see though not having much choice if you did a

long cruise on there. The guys in Portofino were really cranked up

the night we went for dinner. The one guy even sang to me for

a few minutes which was interesting. There was another guy that

was pretending to sing to his wife with one of the guys right behind

him egging him on, very cute.

What did you book for next year?

OH

OH,

Next year we are booked on the Voyager -- Monte Carlo to Athens in May. The cruise makes a stop in Turkey (a place I've wanted to visit), Santorini (my DH's desired stop) as well as other nice ports.

We haven't been on the Mariner but do not believe they have connecting suites. The Mariner and PG do cruises that attract the most children so you'd think they would. They do have a few suites that have the sofa's that open into a bed. The Alaska cruises seem to get booked up fairly quickly -- your idea of going in September is probably a good one. You might want to make a booking for a date you "think" you'd want to go -- so you get a spot. You can get a full refund up to 90 days in advance.

Our experience on the Navigator was great -- the food issues were unusual for Regent but it did not make us enjoy the trip any less. You were on the week before when it was chartered. Do you know if it was fully booked that week? The Navigator was chartered by different groups the first 3 weeks in March. . . I thought that perhaps the servers in Portofino were so stressed because it was extremely crowded on our cruise -- people couldn't get reservations, etc.

Anyway, we do look forward to going back on the Voyager four restaurants and not that many more people.

Oops, almost forgot to respond on the noise on deck 9. It isn't very bad -- just annoying. Unlike the noises of the anchor going up and down or the boats on the side of the ship being lowered, the scraping of chairs and people walking/running back and forth is fairly constant all day. It's kind of like living in an apartment with someone above you that is home all day. We tend to get up early on board (my DH is afraid if he doesn't eat breakfast early that he won't be hungry for lunch:-) and then are on shore excursions, etc. We were most bothered in the afternoon -- after lunch when we had a shower and wanted to rest a couple of hours. It really depends on the person as to how much they are in their cabin and how much noise bothers them. In our case, we stayed mid-ship -- but a bit lower (from deck 10 on the Voyager to deck 8 on the Navigator).

Hope this helps!;)

Thank you Llndar for sending me the pics and the email from Regent.

This upcoming cruise is very, very special to us and I did not want any issues. From the pics, if they are correct (meaning unless the person taking them swapped them with another type of cabin) they show a cabin that is far from the same level as the NS pictured in brochures and online.

We (the TA and me) have gone to Regent, sent them the pics and the description (though not the email) and requested, firmly, some form of clarification. They are also contacting the sender of the original email.

In the meantime, they have offered cabin 935 which, though I would rather not have noise from the pool above, have taken as a fall back position. I believe they are also saving 1125 until they can clarify the issue...this may or may not be so.

I find all of this a bit hard to conceive in view of Regent's reputation for quality and service. If it proves to be true, calling it an outright misrepresentation would be charitable.

I will keep you posted. Thank you for the assistance rendered.

BTW, I did not see NS on the 8th deck..or did I misunderstand the statements?

Archived