Century...Booze confiscated

wdblake

I was on the March 19th sailing on Century. My husband carried on 2 bottles of wine for my mothers room and I carried on 2 bottles for us. We had no problems. The docs all say no alcohol but if you look on their website it say you can carry on 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. Just do not pack in it your suitecase they will think you are carrying on and packing it also.

When I was on NCL a year ago I had a half bottle of crown royal packed and when one of my checked bags was missing, there was a note on my door to go to a area to pick it up. Little did I know there was a line of over 200 passengers waiting to get there missing bag and then have it searched for booze bottles that showed up in x ray screening. Needless to say that many passengers were upset (NCL's policy states that no liquor to be taken aboard ...only wine....which by the way they billed you on the spot for a $15.00 corkage fee). It was very funny while I was in line to hear all of the future plans on how people would sneak liquor on the ship. I had to laugh because it reminded me of stuff you would do in high school. Needless to say policy or no policy, some people will always continue to bring liquor on and there is nothing the cruise line can do about it. Guess the answer is just follow the policy and get the great low cost fares and just buy your liquor, or go on upscale lines like Crystal that could really care less what you bring on because they are getting their money up front with the cruise fare. I will say this much, that when I did bring my own bottle of crown royal on, I would only drink a cocktail or two in my cabin and still would buy more than my share at the bars and wine at dinner, and almost always never even finished the bottle. Happy cruising!!

Archived