Host Dan - Please do a Crossing Travelogue

CeeJay11

Hi Dan

Congratulations on your First place win!! Was there ever any doubt??? :) :) But a crystal glass ??? hmmmm .....

Safe journeys home (as Eric would say) !! See you in November - we hope :)

CeeJay

Back home last night from a very exhausting day.

I had VERY bad news. After I disembarked, I went to the port to collect my bag, and it was missing. The ship was searched, but to no avail. I honestly believe it was somehow stolen. The fact was that my bag was very clearly marked, with 2 very distinct luggage tage, the red disembarkation tag had my name prominently written on it, it had a green ribbon like thing on it AND there wasn't a bag left that looked like mine (had another passenger picked up mine by mistake). I have travel insurace (Baggage MAX $1,000 - will basically pay for the bag itself). Amex Platinum has baggage protection if its damaged or lost after being checked in (it was never checked, didnt make it that far), Homeowners insurance won't cover it either. I made a claim on the ship, so we will see what happens. The sad thing is that I had every nice piece of clothing in that bag that I own, including a brand new tuxedo, designer suits, shoes, shirts.. etc... you get the drift. Any advice would be most helpful. :(

Host Dan

Well Dan, I DO really feel bad for you! I know what it is losing your luggage. And I wouldn´t call it materialistic, if you feel bad about such a loss! Yes, of course it concerns clothes mostly, but I too cherish some of my items. Hope you will get it back somehow!

Marja

Dan-I, too, have learned the hard way not to take anything that is my "best" on a cruise or long trip---I now have a "travel" tux, shoes, watch, etc.--all very nice looking but not particularly expensive. If they're lost my insurance will easily cover them (I also make a packing list and have scanned the purchase receipts for these items into my computer). Let us know if Seabourn compensates you (doubtful).

Dan

This is terrible news - certainly Seabourn will do something for you since they took your luggage off the ship - and on such a small ship there is just absolutely no excuse for this happening. It is also very likely that another passenger picked it up by mistake and perhaps didn't realize it until they got to the airport or their hotel and they couldn't get back with it in time. Here's hoping it will turn up - don't give up hope yet. We will all be very anxious to hear what happens and what Seabourn will do for you.

CeeJay

GREAT NEWS!!! I emailed the Chief Purser and the Hotel Manager on Legend, and just received a reply. The bag has been found, is at the Port of Lisbon, and will be shipped to me. A HAPPY END to a GREAT VACATION!!

(and I didn't even have to incur dhl charges ;) )

Host Dan

Amen to that! :) Hopefully Seabourn will ship your bag to you as if you had purchased the Seabourn Valet Luggage Service. If they do, based on my recent experience from Lisbon, your bag should be delivered to you on Wednesday!

Glad you got your bag back.anim_bounce.gif

but on a sidenote: A lot of ppl move and forget to change their address on their luggage. LOL I move around on contracts and have to change mine a lot. Doesn't help me to have my lost luggage dropped off in Tampa when I am in Roanoke, Va.

I´m very happy for you Dan! Our son once really lost his luggage traveling from Ireland to Holland. All his newly purchased clothes from the US were in the bag. Two years later I (as his mother) received a letter from Senegal from a girl who wrote she bought his bag on the market and wanted to be his pen friend! Not very hard to figure out what happened........!

Jane,

The tug of war was won by the "Pink Ladies", I believe they were from the Pursers Office? The waiters wore stewardess dresses, and so on. Very confusing as to who was who! ;)

Host Dan

Great news about your bag! I'm really happy to hear that worked out for you.

And Pursers vs. Pink Ladies vs. Waiters...OMG!!!! Who can tell? What difference does it make!! As long as everyone had a good time! LOL!!!!

Glad for the good news....

Paul

Jane,

Not sure which cruise Dan was on :confused: as the Tug of War was won by the Deck Hands, the pink ladies were the stewardesses who did really well but unfortunately did not make the final two, the Pursers team did look good in thier matching outfits but the same could not be said for their performance even with the Hotel Manager, Wilhelm, as their anchor man! The Restaurant team were doing extremely well until it was discovered that they had an extra "man" on their team and were disqualified.

Kathryn & Brian

Ok, Ok, I barely saw the tug of war, (Too crowded) and "assumed" it was the Pink Ladies, as friends Marilyn and Peter had a picture of them with thumbs up in their suite. See how rumours start? ;)

Host Dan

Jane,

Not sure which cruise Dan was on :confused: as the Tug of War was won by the Deck Hands, the pink ladies were the stewardesses who did really well but unfortunately did not make the final two, the Pursers team did look good in thier matching outfits but the same could not be said for their performance even with the Hotel Manager, Wilhelm, as their anchor man! The Restaurant team were doing extremely well until it was discovered that they had an extra "man" on their team and were disqualified.

Kathryn & Brian

Thanks you two! The Pursers came in second last time on the W>E crossing. I had hoped cheering for them from afar was helpful. When is your next cruise?

Jane (tucked in for a rainy nor'easter today and tomorrow)

Dan

I suppose from at the SkyBar the view would not be great:D :D :D. Missing you already!!!!!

Jane

Our next cruise is not until October!!!!! How will we cope?? Enjoy your "freebie" in the med!

We are enjoying HOT & SUNNY weather at the moment!!!

Kathryn & Brian

Kathryn & Brian

Are you on the E-W Legend crossing in November? We are - but we are also doing the cruise before the crossing, starting in Rome. Since you said your next cruise is October, perhaps you are too?? Only 6 months and a bit to go :)

Sounds like you had a great time. What about golf? Did they do a Ryder Cup on this cruise? or was the excitement of trivia enough?

Carol & Wally

Carol & Wally

Yes, we are joining the Legend in Rome and finishing in Fort Lauderdale, so will see a lot of you two!

We did have a great time, when we were not ill, most of us had the bug at some time during the cruise. Ryder cup was not done this time as one of the golf captains failed to appear on this crossing!!? They just had individual games each day, so within the first five days, Brian returned with 2 lions, one eyeglass case and a key ring, I told him if he came back with anymore "prizes" I would find somewhere dark to stuff them as we were overweight with our luggage anyway! The "beautiful" cut glass tumbler won in trivia was given away before he saw me!!:eek:

See you "soon", 6 months seems like forever away but we have a lot to cram in before then, including our daughter's wedding, so it should go fast!

Kathryn & Brian

I´m very sorry that the both of you got sick on your crossing! Maybe it was a good thing after all that we had to switch over to the Pride, because René normally is the first to catch such a bug! I managed to get us on the Spirit in July, so we don´t have to wait for 6 months. In the mean time have a great wedding and stay healthy!

Marja

Archived