Host Dan - Please do a Crossing Travelogue

CeeJay11

Dear Host Dan

You must know how much we Seabourn cruisers love your travelogues while you are on the crossings! We cling to them each day and try to picture we are there. So since we aren't :( - then perhaps you will reconsider. :) I am sure there are others that will join me in trying to twist your arm to do your informative and entertaining daily write-up of the fun onboard the Legend. Wish we were there with you.

CeeJay & Wally

Hi all!

Here we are on the Legend crossing! Fine, calm seas and sunny warm weater so far! Eric DeGray is in his rare "crossing" form. The first night was a bit of a loss, as I was so tired from traveling, excitement from boarding, and champagne, is missed dinner in the dining room, and opted for a cheesburger in the suite. Last night was the Captains welcome reception. This Captian is a bit "different" (very dry sense of humor, and a bit long-winded). We'll see how he does as the cruise continues. Trivia has been fun, with Daneite, Shefinch and other CC'ers on our team. We are in 4th place, BECAUSE Eric has come up with NEW questions!!! ;) That can change, as its early in the crossing. We are called "The Terriers", as there weren't enough Comeback Cruisers on our team to make sense. Not much else to report for now, but having a good time so far!

Host Dan

Host Dan:

Good to hear from you! Thanks for the update. Glad you made it safely on board...now you can relax! (Except for trivia, of course...!)

Any weather-related info would be welcomed, as you sail along; of course, anything related will also be appreciated!

Smooth sailing...

Paul

Hi Dan!

So glad you are doing the Legendary Travelogue! I am glad our Pride-ite finger and toer crossing has worked weather and sea-height wise so far. Good luck "The Terriers" in Trivia! BTW, Eric changed all the Trivia questions last November. You will quickly realize that the bonus questions will be real killers: "What are the top five ... ?"

When you get your feet firmly below your stool in the Sky Bar and Club, please let us sorry landlubbers know who is crew this crossing. When I recently embarked on the Pride for her crossing, I only recognized 3 faces: Staff Captain Lars Isdahl, Maitre 'D Marcel Jansen (who thrust out his hand to shake mine and greeted me by name when I arrived for embarkation dinner) and bar waiter Oliver from the Legend. But within a couple of days, almost all the waiters were calling me by name and I felt like part of the family. I love this cruise line! :D

Please say "Hello" to any Legendary November crossers who are on board for me. Continued smooth and happy sailings to Lady Legend and the Legendary crossers! :)

Hi Dan

So glad to see your post. We are thinking of you and picturing the fun on the crossing. Glad to hear that the weather so far has been good -- the Pride had a really rough crossing a couple of weeks ago, but we know things are always perfect on the Legend! Good luck in trivia - we will keep our fingers and toers crossed for you at 12:15! Please have a bloody Mary for CeeJay (not too spicy) and please keep those posts coming ... its such a long time 'til the November crossing (7 months!).

Cheers! :)

CeeJay & Wally

We are second in trivia again today! ALL the trivia questions ARE new!!! So hard to cheat ;) ! Last night was a bit "fun" as we all had several margaritas at the Sky Bar earlier that day.. Enough said! We have had some beautiful sunny weather and calm seas, although today is a bit chilly in the shade. A very nice and fun crossing so far, although we miss "our" Captain immensely! Strange enough, we haven't been invited to sit at any hosted tables all cruise, other than the second evening. We'll see if this changes as the cruise continues. Doesn't really matter though. Anyway... till next post, I hope everyone is being "good" on the boards while Im away!! ;)

Host Dan

Dan,

Many thanks on the Legend Crossing update! I've been thinking of all of you and hoping King Neptune has been kinder to you than he was to us on the Pride~~~however after a few days of very rough seas, he smiled and we too enjoyed sunny great sea days!

Is Eric DeGrey behaving? He'll don his roller skates any evening~~

Play good~~and continue to enjoy the "magical Seabourn Legend Cross!":p

I'm sure Geir-Arne is enjoying his vacation with Mrs. Geir-Arne~~

He'll be back aboard the Pride before too long~~~

Huggzzz's to all aboard!

Martita B.

Hi Dan

Well, its been a while since your last posting - you must be having way too much fun. We poor C.C. people at home are dying to hear more about the Legendary crossing. Are they going to do the tug of war without Captain G-A??

Hi all,

Sorry for not posting earlier, but a few days ago the internet (or maybe it was CC?) was not able to be accessed. Since then we had the tug of war, the deck bar b que (didnt go), dancing under the stars, and countless "private parties" in suites and up on the forward decks. For the last few days Ive taken ill, along with several other passengers. The "stomach thing".. I missed the tour in the azores yesterday because of it, as all I wanted to do was rest, sleep, NOT eat and definately NOT drink! After 12 hours of sleep last night after and "iffy" dinner, Im starting to feel a bit better. Katheryne (Daneite) and Brian have been "blessed" with this here and there throughout the cruise, as many others (Even Kit). Trivia has been exciting until today. It seems like a CC member emailed Eric their own questions to be asked today, KNOWING they were new, and never asked before. Add that to all the other NEW questions we've had before, and we are failing miserably. Funny I thought this Member was a friend. (and a "former" teammate) Why anyone would want to sabatoge our team from afar is beyond me. (AND have it anounced AND identified!!!) Anyway, one more day to go.

Not looking forward to embarking the day after tomorrow. But maybe I can recover a bit on the plane.

As for not being invited to any hosted tables, that has changed big time! We have dined with Preston, Jan (tigger), the Hotel Manager, and many of the entertainers. Very nice company.

I hope all is well with everyone, and I look forward to getting back to the CC swing of things in a few days!!

Host Dan

Dan:

So sorry to hear of your "ailment"! :eek: It's such a shame to miss ANY of your wonderful time on board....

It sounds like the trivia contest has gotten out of hand! ;)

Hope you find your "second wind" and feel better for the remainder of your journey. Thanks for posting! (And glad you've been "hosted"!)

Safe travels to you & yours...

Paul

Hi Dan

Gosh, I've been just fine - but missing the "trivia" !

Glad to hear that you are feeling better .. its no fun not being able to eat and drink all that wonderful Seabourn fair.

Have a wonderful evening.

CeeJay

No trivia huh...;) :rolleyes: :eek:

Today is the last day, so keep your fingers crossed that we get MANY easy questions, and an equally easy bonus round, for the win!! We will know by 7:30 AM EST (6 hour difference) I'll be sure to post the results!

A bit rocky and rainy this morning, perfect day for packing and the galley lunch!:)

Host Dan

hi Dan,

sorry to hear you got 'hit' with the old 'stomach' thing, guess they don't call it 'Noro' on your ship:;) ... hope you got to enjoy the last couple of days, not fun to end a cruise on the downside.. obviously you've been missed on your boards:D

Last day....

Had a GREAT galley lunch with old and new friends!! Packed my stuff, napped, and had a few glasses of wine at the FREEZING cold Sky Bar!

Ready to go to the last private party in the Midnight Sun Lounge, dinner, a few cocktails, then off to night night ready for the long flight home. Sorry I didn't post more, and I promise next time I'll do more of a "formal" travel logue. ;)

Host Dan

PS... Kicked you know what at trivia, and came in FIRST PLACE!!!:p :p

The only (funny) thing is that first prize is a crystal glass, one of the "old",

(not used) ones that used to be in the room.... Everyone else, a bookmark!

Hi Dan!

Hey, congratulations on your "comeback" Trivia win!!! :D :D And you know what I really mean.;) Get the packing done early so you can enjoy the final hours onboard!

Did you book the Legenday Nov. 2008 crossing while onboard? Myself and about 6 others booked that Legend sailing whilst on the Pride the first day Seabourn opened the "advanced booking" a week earlier. I nailed my 125% single run-of-ship guarantee. I am a happy sailor!

Happy and safe travels home to all Legendary crossers! :)

Archived