Cost of Carnival Cruises v. Royal Caribbean

evolutiondob

You will love the Miracle, we took her western crib trip last March from Tampa, came home, and got on the phone and booked her again for this year. Unfortunately, they switched the Miracle and the Legend on us, but I've been told I will also like the Legend just as much, we'll see, the Miracle is a tough act to follow!!

Don't forget Royal Caribbeans new larger ships have huge atriums which can be seen through the windows in the inside cabins. These cabins are more popular than the outside cabins on the same deck and are more expensive. These larger ships are so much wider they can fit inside cabins in the same place as the huge atrium.....

My husband and I sailed with RCCI twice and then Carnival once to Alaska, we were not impressed with RCCI either time as far as how they dealt with issues that arose, they seemed to not really care. the ships were very nice as was the Carnival Spirit. RCCI has some good deals, you just have to soend lots of time looking, I do lots of checking prices on a particular website and they are usually consistent with most of the website within $20 We were very surprised by carnival, not the party ship we had been warned off, course it could have been the itinerrary but we were more than pleased with what we goty for what we paid, We are going to try Princess but it just happend to be a very affordable cruise so I guess at this point I would try any of the lines based on who is giving me the itinerray I want, the dates I can go and if it's affordable.

Oh. I was pricing a cruise on the Mariner and seen there was fees for the activities such as $6/hour. That makes a difference as we are looking at another cruise for next spring. Thanks.

Then wherever you were looking was wrong. There are no charges for the ice skating (it's complimentary as stated on the RCCL web site) nor for the rock climbing, mini golf, etc.

$6/hour is the price per child for after hours sitting service (both RCCL and Carnival)

Crusinmama,

I'm really looking forward to your review after you sail on the Freedom of the Seas.

I think overall I am pleased with my choice to sail on Carnival Freedom. As a single mom, it feels very good to be able to afford to pay for my children to have a nice vacation. But, price is definitely a consideration for me. I'm anxiously awaiting more reviews on Carnival Freedom - especially reviews that talk about the teen programs and teen spaces on the ship.

Since I can't afford to take my children on vacation on a regular basis, I definitely want to make sure they have a great time. I do believe that RCI offers more in terms of onboard activities (especially after I took time to look at what is offered). If there are any price drops on Freedom of the Seas, I may consider going with them if it makes sense. In the meantime, I still stand by the fact that I feel that RCI charging over $1,000 more for their cruises is a bit much.

Crusinmama,

I'm really looking forward to your review after you sail on the Freedom of the Seas.

I think overall I am pleased with my choice to sail on Carnival Freedom. As a single mom, it feels very good to be able to afford to pay for my children to have a nice vacation. But, price is definitely a consideration for me. I'm anxiously awaiting more reviews on Carnival Freedom - especially reviews that talk about the teen programs and teen spaces on the ship.

Since I can't afford to take my children on vacation on a regular basis, I definitely want to make sure they have a great time. I do believe that RCI offers more in terms of onboard activities (especially after I took time to look at what is offered). If there are any price drops on Freedom of the Seas, I may consider going with them if it makes sense. In the meantime, I still stand by the fact that I feel that RCI charging over $1,000 more for their cruises is a bit much.

I will post a review no doubt. :D

And honestly, you will NOT have a bad time on CCL Freedom. That's not what this post was about. Your question was why was RCCL Freedom more expensive. That's kind of asking why Disney is more expensive. The demand for the ship allows it, right now. ;)

You do what your buget allows, totally understand. Have a great cruise! :)

[/b]

Just let the dollar get stronger against the Euro and my bet will be a Pinnacle class ship will be announced. Carnval has the design ready to go and placed it on the back burner when the dollar went south.

You've been saying that for 3 years. ;)

I was a bit shocked at the higher prices. I don't know why, really..I used to always research prices on cruises, and my mother and sister cruise on RCCL.

My boys were just as satisfied with Carnival, and other than the new beverage policy, which is really a petty reason to stop cruising CCL, I can't think of any other reason I'd want to switch.

Over and over again I'm seeing that RCCL ships have more to offer for the kids. Since this is a big draw, wouldn't that translate into more children, and therefore less onboard dollars? To make up for it, RCCL has to charge more for the base fare. In reality, the 2 lines really could ultimately cost the same, it's just packaged differently. Do I know this? No, I haven't studied either company's financial statements - it's just a guess.

Archived