Thinking of booking oceanview, advice please

MistyMoo

I am thinking of booking an oceanview cabin on the QM2 for a crossing from NY to Southampton. Do any of the C categories (or specific cabins) have the sitting area by the window and the bed in the center of the room. I don't really want to have to stand on the bed in order to see out the window. Also, is there a way to tell which cabins have the larger windows instead of the portholes?

Thanks

I am thinking of booking an oceanview cabin on the QM2 for a crossing from NY to Southampton. Do any of the C categories (or specific cabins) have the sitting area by the window and the bed in the center of the room. I don't really want to have to stand on the bed in order to see out the window. Also, is there a way to tell which cabins have the larger windows instead of the portholes?

Thanks

As far as I'm aware all the oceanview cabins have the bed under the window. the only way I can think of round this is to have the room made up as two singles, that way there would be a table and lamp under the window.

As for whic cabins have the larger windows, I'll have to look at a list later and will advise you shortly.

Hope this helps

Thanks. But I don't think we will do the two single beds as this is an anniversary vacation.:D

:o Of course it's out of the question that you should have anything other then a double bed :o .

I'm not sure if there is an answer to this, sorry. Why the Atrium view cabins have the bed to one side but all the inside and oceanview cabins have the bed on the end wall is beyond me. I know you gain the sofa in the oceanview cabins however.

Still intend to come back to you with a list of large/small windowed cabins later.

Just something to keep in mind....when I was booking our September crossing I looked at OV cabins and when I called our TA I found Obstructed Balconies to be cheaper than OVs. We may not have much of a view, but we do have the opportunity to step out for a breath of fresh air and won't have to stand on the bed to look out.;)

If it's of any help to you, we had 4055, which is an in-hull balcony, on our last crossing and we were perfectly happy. During the day, the (muffled)rehearsals could be heard, but we don't tend to spend much time in the cabin. I've attached a photo which may give you some idea......However, she-who-must-be-obeyed is not included!:D

Cabin4055.jpg.39892666edc0278de263e9d88e0fe6da.jpg

Archived