Concierge Class - Binoculars

joyinam

Counting down to our departure this Sunday for Hawaii on Infinity - our first Celebrity cruise! We have an aft balcony, and I understand that Concierge Class provides complimentary binoculars? We always bring our own to enjoy balcony views; however, if there are REALLY binoculars that are decent, we won't bring ours along. And, can we use them on our day excursions while in Hawaii? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

joyinam,

I can't answer your questions but I'm wondering the same things........we are on INFINITY right after you and we also have an Aft CC.

I will follow this thread with you.

Have a great cruise and take care of INFINITY for us :).

ALOHA!!!

Binoculars provided in Concierge class are lousy -- you're better off bringing your own ... but yes, you can take the ones they provide off at port calls if you like. So long as you leave them behind when you disembark.

Just returned from Summit Hawaii 3/31 on CC. Binoculars are small and adequate for some viewing. I brought mine which are 7-15x25 and the power was very close to the same, but a much better pair would help you enjoy the whale watching, especially at anchor in Maui. Lots to watch and they also get near the ship early in the morning. But if you choose a whale watch tour, then you may not need them, thus, personal preference would prevail. Absolutely loved the sea days. Enjoy your cruise.

I would have to echo the other posters. I have used the ones in the RS and CS and can say for sure they are cheap, and inadequate to view virtually anything. I really believe I have seen children's binoculars that worked better.

Jim

Based upon the wisdom shared by these savvy cruisers, we will bring ours along! CaliforniaDreamin' - saw you were on the Hawaii Circle last fall....any other tips for us? Deb, we WILL take great care of Infinity for you! Thanks!

Hi Everyone !

I agree with the others. They are marginal. If you want to do some serious viewing, I would recommend you bring your own binoculars.

Based upon the wisdom shared by these savvy cruisers, we will bring ours along! CaliforniaDreamin' - saw you were on the Hawaii Circle last fall....any other tips for us? Thanks!

Yes, if you are comfortable doing it, renting a car on the Islands is a convenient, economical way to sightsee. We did this at Lahaina, Maui, Hilo & Kona, Hawaii. Did not in Honolulu as we had a USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor tour (highly recommend) scheduled in the morning and a Luau at Hale Koa Military Resort (recommend if your're eligible by being retired military or certain government categories, some ex military also attended) in the evening. Next morning did a Little Circle Island Tour. (Recommend, Honolulu, rainforest, east coast, beaches where "From Here To Eternity" and "Blue Hawaii" were filmed.

http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/ Rented cars through this site. Used Dollar and Thrifty. Very satisfied. They have a discount code to use with all the car companies. Make sure you get the ones listed for cruiseships so they are near where you dock. The car company will have a shuttle to pick you up and bring you back. I highly recommend advance reservations (you can cancel with no penalty if it's 24 hours in advance. People with no reservations were not allowed on the shuttles.

Also, review Hawaii at the Ports of Call threads.

Thanks, CaliforniaDreamin'. (and all others!) You've affirmed some of our own planning and decisions! We've rented from Dollar at all 4 ports and will explore armed with maps and ideas resulting from HOURS (did I say HOURS? Days?) of research :o We visited Pearl Harbor on our first trip to Oahu, and were so moved by it. Unfortunately, our trip has been reduced by 14 hours of port time, so we'll miss that second 1/2 day. Celebrity handled that situation so well, though, we can't be upset. We are just going to enjoy relaxing (using our own binoculars!) and driving (in our rental car - convertible!) and soaking up the sun and romantic fun! Thanks again to all of you knowledgable, happy posters!

Archived