sting rays Half Moon Cay

T-burg 19

I did this last year when I was on the Westerdam. First time I ever tried snorkeling, and I thought it was great. When I came back on board I signed up to do the Reef and Wreck snorkel trip in Grand Cayman. I'm booked on the Triumph in October and cannot wait to go again.

I will admit though, that I was a little nervous of the sting rays, but did not find them to be aggressive at all.

If you've never been to Half Moon Cay before it is beautiful, and one of the major reasons I decided to go with Carnival this time.

I did this excursion, I was very nervous about the rays as it was only a couple of weeks after Steve's Death.

At first it can be very overwhelming, try not to be the first one down the stairs. They come swarming becasue they know they are going to get fed.

But once there is was nice they were very gentle and were very soft as they brushed passed your legs. I did not do the snorkle part as I am very claustrophic, but the others on the tour were haveing a great time. Our tour guide went out and got a few things for me to look at.

So yes it was very worth the money.

Half Moon Cay was a beautiful island. We also did the Eco tour, I would recommend this too. You get to see lots of fish, they stop in certain spots and feed them and they come from everywhere. They also take you out over a reef and you can see some beautiful fish thru the glass bottom.

• 1 month later...

Archived