Steam Room and Sauna on the Pearl

Well I was (very) concerned about these amenities. Were they free? Was I going to have to pay $10 a day to use these facilites that we got free on the Magica and the Valor?

Short answer: Steam Room and Sauna on the Pearl are apparently FREE according to the rep at NCL I just spoke with.

So I am one happy camper!!!

24 hours of fish and chips in the Blue Lagoon and Steam Room, Shower and Sauna FREE!

me = happy!!!!

Well I was (very) concerned about these amenities. Were they free? Was I going to have to pay $10 a day to use these facilites that we got free on the Magica and the Valor?

Short answer: Steam Room and Sauna on the Pearl are apparently FREE according to the rep at NCL I just spoke with.

24 hours of fish and chips in the Blue Lagoon and Steam Room, Shower and Sauna FREE!

me = happy!!!!

Never trust someone who has never been on the ship -- the sauna is inside the Spa and part of the facilities you gain access to for the daily or cruise long fee. :eek: :(

You reach. First person I reached to put egg shell foam on the beds, acted like he didn't understand anything! He claimed the room was already done, yet he didn't have the room number. If I didn't know better I would say he was tipsy. The next call the person apologized for the untrained person. Strange.

It's not free, but it's worth every penny of the daily fee. (I did the cruise-long pass and actually lost $$ since I didn't use the facility every day.)

There are three "thermal" rooms. One is co-ed, with ceramic heated loungers looking over the bow, a central hot tub and a thelassotherapy (salt water) whirlpool. then there are the men's and women's sides (I can speak about the women's :p )

There are lockers and fluffy towels. Two private (not PRIVATE, but single) whirlpool baths with a bubbler feature and a jet feature (yum). There's a eucalyptus-smelling steam room, really hot and steamy, and a dry sauna with a full-on ocean view. There's a cold plunge pool and several padded loungers looking out to sea. There are rainhead showers in the middle of the room and private showers in another room. Juice and water are available as are lotion and shower caps near the lockers and of course there's soap and shampoo in the wall-mounted pump containers in the showers.

You can go in as often as you'd like, all day. If you want Zen peace and don't want to lay out in the sun with the crowds, bring a book and make a day of it. I wish I had even part of that facility here... I didn't have a single treatment but my skin never felt so soft and my aches melted away. Now I'm back to cramped muscles and alligator-winter skin. Ugh.

It will be the happiest $15 you spend on the whole trip!

Jana

me = happy!!!!

yes and no.... I was on the Jewel last year, there is a small steam room off of the womens bathroom near the gym that is free. I assume the Pearl is the same. Of course you can pay the $15.00 fee for the fancy "free" spa stuff.

yes and no.... I was on the Jewel last year, there is a small steam room off of the womens bathroom near the gym that is free.

Uh oh. I didn't see that. The Pearl IS configured differently than Jewel even though it's the same class. Does anyone know for sure if there's a steam room near the exercise room? They may have eliminated it on Pearl to boost revenue...

Jana

yes and no.... I was on the Jewel last year, there is a small steam room off of the womens bathroom near the gym that is free. I assume the Pearl is the same. Of course you can pay the $15.00 fee for the fancy "free" spa stuff.

I think I can manage the "small" steam room :D - I can't wait to get onboard to investigate!!!

WOW!, Jana!!! That sounds AWESOME!!!! I may have to scrounge up some $$$ for that!!!!!

That eucalyptus room sounds incredible. :cool:

Since you're on the 9-day (OMG, OMG, OMG I wish I were boarding with you!!!) I'd recommend doing the daily purchase. $10 a day is a real deal, but I only used the room four times so it cost me $30 more than it would have if I had paid the $15 a day. The 9-day cruise is so filled with activities that it's hard to schedule a daily visit; it isn;t like a massage appointment, where you go in for an hour and leave. It's a commitment to quality time. ;)

Have a fabulous, wonderful cruise. I'm suffering withdrawal.

Jana

Since you're on the 9-day (OMG, OMG, OMG I wish I were boarding with you!!!) I'd recommend doing the daily purchase. $10 a day is a real deal, but I only used the room four times so it cost me $30 more than it would have if I had paid the $15 a day. The 9-day cruise is so filled with activities that it's hard to schedule a daily visit; it isn;t like a massage appointment, where you go in for an hour and leave. It's a commitment to quality time. ;)

Have a fabulous, wonderful cruise. I'm suffering withdrawal.

Jana

Thank you so much for the advice, Jana! I can hardly believe it, myself, that we are sailing away in a few days!!!!

I only wish a wallet full of money would drop in my lap right now!!

Either way, I cannot wait to sail!!! Yippee!!! We were at the port last weekend and we just stared at the Pearl! I can't wait!!!

:D:D:D

Thank you so much for the advice, Jana! I can hardly believe it, myself, that we are sailing away in a few days!!!!

I only wish a wallet full of money would drop in my lap right now!!

Either way, I cannot wait to sail!!! Yippee!!! We were at the port last weekend and we just stared at the Pearl! I can't wait!!!

:D:D:D

Hi I will be on that Pearl sailing too!!!! I can't believe it as I look out my window to wet, spring snow!!! and to think soon we will be basking in the warm sun. Well maybe I'll see you in the steam room hahaha

Am sailing on the Pearl's first Alaska sailing, and reading the boards to find out all I can.

Can anyone give me more information about the spa? I had decided to get a massage at least one day, but have just learned about the spa pass. How much is this on the Pearl; I have heard some are $10. and some are $15. I take it that is per day if you buy the, in this case, 7-day pass.

How can I find out more information about the fitness center facilities; what is free, what you have to pay for? NCL's website does not itemize these or the spa service prices, and i plan to partake, but want to be able to plan and budget.

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy (wake) trails!

Wendy,

I took the spa price list with me. If you e-mail me at jana at sleeping-around dot com, I'll scan it and send it to you.

There were specials on shore days, too. One was three treatments for $89, you got to pick which three. For the thermal room, it's $15 per day, or $10 per day if you buy the cruise-long pass.

When I am short $$$ (which is usually) I treat myself to the Frangipani in the spa, a neck and scalp massage that's the cheapest thing they offer ($26 - $29, depending on the ship) and pure heaven.

Jana

The gym on the Pearl is open 24/7, and is free. It is in the same area as the spa, but with a tottaly separate entrance. Yes, there are small locker rooms in the gym, Men's and women's; each has lockers, sinks, toilet, shower and a small STEAM room.

The gym on the Pearl is open 24/7, and is free. It is in the same area as the spa, but with a tottaly separate entrance. Yes, there are small locker rooms in the gym, Men's and women's; each has lockers, sinks, toilet, shower and a small STEAM room.

WHOO HOO! Thank you so much for letting me know!

I saw the gym and all the shuny new equipment (FYI for those sailing, it's on port side, or to the LEFT of the spa entrance) but I didn't use the bathroom on that side so I had no idea.

Jana

I saw the gym and all the shuny new equipment (FYI for those sailing, it's on port side, or to the LEFT of the spa entrance) but I didn't use the bathroom on that side so I had no idea.

So the small steam room is free? cool!!

• 2 months later...

There are essentially two sets of steam rooms:

1) One smaller, complimentary steam room in each of the men's & women's locker rooms,

and

2) One larger, eucalyptus-enhanced steam room and one ocean-view sauna room in each of the men's & women's sections of the "pay-for-access" portions of the spa area.

Both sets of facilities being clothing-optional (?).

Can someone who has sailed on the Pearl please confirm if I got this right?

Much obliged!

Bon voyage wishes from....

Gigglewolf

:p

Perhaps a lot of "modest" folks on your cruise, then, cuz in every gender-specific spa I've ever been in, they were clothing optional and the option was exercised by most if not all.

If I understood correctly from earlier posts, the thermal suites section is co-ed, so clothing would be required there.

Can anyone else who's sailed on the Pearl and used these facilities please verify?

Much obliged,

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

Going to Alaska and doubt it's going to be hot tub weather outside. So getting a spa pass for the indoor hot tub, etc. sounds good. But wonder if the spa would be open for an evening dip?

Kuffam, the spa area isn't open 24/7, it opens at 8 and I know it's not open too late; the gym (and its steam room) is open 24/7. So the spa pass won't get you a late night dip, but maybe an evening soak.

I saw a few people going clothing optional in the men only steam room and sauna, but not many, and everyone used a towel or robe. Everyone I saw using the individual whirlpools (which are great) wore a swim suit. I think people treat the area as sort of an enclosed pool area, like the Royal Caribbean atriums, rather than a true spa.

Like I said on another thread, the 9-day pass was the best money we spent on the cruise (except for maybe the martini tastings)