Thanks Laura!!!

I was recently emailed by Laura S, our primary Community Manager here in the RCCL forum, about the opportunity to sail an inaguaral cruise aboard the Liberty. I am a Diamond member of RCCL and was a vocal member of the Cruise Critic (CC) member cruise on the Freedom last year. I responded positively to the invitation and my wife and I are booked aboard the Liberty out of Miami on the 14th of May (eat your heart out Hunster!).

My whole point for this post is to say thanks to the CC community and to point out that the benefits of being a member of Cruise Critics can go way beyond communicating with other members. The Crown and Anchor Society told me when they offered me the opportunity to sail an inagural cruise that is was set up in conjunction with CC.

Thank you again Laura and also the rest of the CC family!

Rick

Yes, I do remember meeting Bill & Mary from Corona CA on the Freedom last year! That cruise was number "13" with RCCL and I consider it the best yet with all the new friends we made!

I'm not bragging about the offer for the Liberty, I just wanted to express to the members of and the Community Managers of CC my thanks and to let everyone else know just how much influence CC has with the cruise lines.

I do hope we get the chance to meet again! That is one of the great things about cruising...meeting and then meeting again really neat people!

Rick

I was recently emailed by Laura S, our primary Community Manager here in the RCCL forum, about the opportunity to sail an inaguaral cruise aboard the Liberty. I am a Diamond member of RCCL and was a vocal member of the Cruise Critic (CC) member cruise on the Freedom last year. I responded positively to the invitation and my wife and I are booked aboard the Liberty out of Miami on the 14th of May (eat your heart out Hunster!).

My whole point for this post is to say thanks to the CC community and to point out that the benefits of being a member of Cruise Critics can go way beyond communicating with other members. The Crown and Anchor Society told me when they offered me the opportunity to sail an inagural cruise that is was set up in conjunction with CC.

Rick

Rick!!! Congrats to you and Denise! Wow, so many from our wonderful Freedom cruise will be there May 14th...please try not to hide from them all, lol!! ;)

I'll be on Liberty in October and will look forward to hearing your impressions. Send me a note when you can. I'll alert Patty to your upcoming trip...she will also be very excited for you. :D

Rick!!! Congrats to you and Denise! Wow, so many from our wonderful Freedom cruise will be there May 14th...please try not to hide from them all, lol!! ;)

I'll be on Liberty in October and will look forward to hearing your impressions. Send me a note when you can. I'll alert Patty to your upcoming trip...she will also be very excited for you. :D

"Hide from them"??? Hmmm seemd like it was a couple of ladies doin' the hiding...remember I searched the ship, leaving messages for four days before "certain" females were to be "located" :D.

I promise to bring back a full review...poor Hunster...he has to wait a whole 'nother week after me to experience the "Liberty"! :p

"Hide from them"??? Hmmm seemd like it was a couple of ladies doin' the hiding...remember I searched the ship, leaving messages for four days before "certain" females were to be "located" :D.

I promise to bring back a full review...poor Hunster...he has to wait a whole 'nother week after me to experience the "Liberty"! :p

ROFL, I think a couple of females might remember it a little differently, lol!

In any event, there are awesome pictures of all parties involved which make me laugh every time I see them, hee hee!

As an update, Chris (Huntster) and Kathy cancelled their Liberty inaugural trip. :( However, they did book Explorer for 4/25/08. By a series of coincidences I had booked, then Emmy and Rick, Carol and Bob, and numerous others from our Freedom trip...and Emmy walked Huntster and Mrs. Huntster to the Loyalty Ambassador aboard Freedom and insured that they booked. Michelle just booked (woohoo, Michelle!) so it's going to be quite the PBS reunion.

Patty didn't book, *sniff*. She is going on some godforsaken winter cruise out of NYC in...*gasp*...FEBRUARY!

Just to get back on track regarding this thread...congrats again on your invite! :D

Rick

Rick ~ nice to see your post..we will be there too in Miami May 14..see you and Denise then..that makes 5 of us so far from the Oct 15 sailing of Freedom:D

Rick... OMG... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D :D :D

I can't think of anyone more deserving of a special invite (well, except for Emmy & Lorna, of course)!

I'm soooooo thrilled for you and Denise!

Now just do us proud and have a blast, OK? :p (Pretty please? :))

Rick... OMG... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D :D :D

I can't think of anyone more deserving of a special invite (well, except for Emmy & Lorna, of course)!

I'm soooooo thrilled for you and Denise!

Now just do us proud and have a blast, OK? :p (Pretty please? :))

thank you so very much!!! I wish you & Teri were going to be there with us! How about I guarantee I'm going to have a blast all the way from the first minute until they pour me off the boat! :P

thank you so very much!!! I wish you & Teri were going to be there with us! How about I guarantee I'm going to have a blast all the way from the first minute until they pour me off the boat! :P

PERFECT! :D

Meanwhile, Martyn and I are returning to the scene of past crimes :p ... leaving for Freedom in just under 3 weeks and I intend to try and recreate the Wile E search for the first few days for old time's sake. ;) :D

Archived