norwegian majesty cabin selection

rodeo

We have been trying to find out about cabin 3063(category JJ). My husband and I have this cabin and am wondering what is the large blank space behind this area. Is it the entrance to the crew quarters? All thoughts appreciated -?noisey, busy area. Thanks to all - great info from these boards.

I'm going on this ship also. What you are seeing is the stairwell. The red Xs across from it should be the elevators. Looking at the deck plans it appears that each deck has 3 sets of stairs/elevators so don't think your whole deck is going use the stairwell behind your room.

Noise? Not sure. Never been on the boat. But most people tend to use the elevators from the lowest deck.

I'm going on this ship also. What you are seeing is the stairwell. The red Xs across from it should be the elevators. Looking at the deck plans it appears that each deck has 3 sets of stairs/elevators so don't think your whole deck is going use the stairwell behind your room.

Noise? Not sure. Never been on the boat. But most people tend to use the elevators from the lowest deck.

I sailed the Majesty twice in the last 9 months. We had an inside cabin next to the elevators. NEVER heard anything! I couldn't believe how quiet they are. Once while waiting and conversing with another passenger(facing away from the doors) the elevator came, opened/closed the door, and departed......... I never heard it. I have great hearing and I wasnt drinking........LOL. You won't have a problem!

John

The aft area of deck 3 is crew area on stb side (engineers and a few waitress cabins). This entrace is next to cabin385.

On the port side its handling area for luggage and garbage. From my time on the majesty i remember occasional complaints from cabins on port side aft.

Thanks everyone. MrMate = The cabin we are assigned to(3063) is diagonally across from cabin 385. Do you think the crew's door will be opening and closing all night? Should I try to be reassigned? Thanks

The door will be in motion quite often, but I never noticed it as "noisy". And the users are strictly instructed to open and close doors quietly.

But it's definately more peaceful in the midships part of deck 3. The fwd part has the same issues as the aft with some traffic to and from crew area.

Archived