Airlines Changed Flight Schedules= *&%!!

keishashadow

thanks - we're a good 5 hours from DC & Philie; bwi about the same; depending on traffic...i'm still digging. Leaning toward MCO and "forcing" myself to suffer thru a day of WDW or U:D . Not sure why; but I'm hoping for either a new attraction to replace Back to the Future or the Nightmare Before Xmas @ WDW (wishful thinking probably lol).

If i can find a rental company near the port w/running shuttle; we'll probably keep our 1st choice of Legend. Otherwise will have to sail Sat. on the Glory out of Port Canaveral; just worried we might hit bad weather Sat. morning, get a delay & miss the ship.

thanks - we're a good 5 hours from DC & Philie; bwi about the same; depending on traffic...i'm still digging. Leaning toward MCO and "forcing" myself to suffer thru a day of WDW or U:D . Not sure why; but I'm hoping for either a new attraction to replace Back to the Future or the Nightmare Before Xmas @ WDW (wishful thinking probably lol).

If i can find a rental company near the port w/running shuttle; we'll probably keep our 1st choice of Legend. Otherwise will have to sail Sat. on the Glory out of Port Canaveral; just worried we might hit bad weather Sat. morning, get a delay & miss the ship.

That's right, what was I thinking. I hope you don't "suffer" too much at WDW. ;)

Sorry you are scrambling to figure this all out because of schedule changes. I too booked our airfare as soon as the flight schedules opened and I got a rate I was happy with. It has been a learning experience without a doubt. The only thing my booking so early has done for me is to give me the peace of mind knowing it's paid for and at a price I am happy with. However in return, I have had to watch our flights constantly for changes. Delta has made schedule changes to our flights 5 times now all of which required calls to their re-issue department. Not an ideal situation, but it was a risk I took booking so early. I would not want to make concrete plans based on a flight schedule now esp since there very well may be several changes in flights between now and December.

*i did book the doubletree westshore (offers free parking for cruisers, airport & cruise shuttles, including return trip

We stayed there last year and also used their shuttle. It was a nice experience. They even picked us up after the cruise and took us back to the airport. They were there within 15 minutes of calling them once we got off the ship.

We stayed there last year and also used their shuttle. It was a nice experience. They even picked us up after the cruise and took us back to the airport. They were there within 15 minutes of calling them once we got off the ship.

I'm so glad you posted!!! Thanks, was starting to worry after I read some no-so-complimentary reviews on Tripadvisor.

Did you have to stop back @ the hotel too, hope the process to reach the airport won't take more than an hour from the time we call them.

Did you have to stop back @ the hotel too, hope the process to reach the airport won't take more than an hour from the time we call them.

We walked out the terminal and I immediately called them on my cell. They told me to cross the street and wait inside the first floor of the parking garage. Within 15 minutes they pulled up. We loaded our luggage and off we went straight to the airport. They had us there before 9AM. Too bad our flight wasn't until 1PM.

i know many people who have stayed there, and I have been to meetings there as well.

I sent an email to a few family members and I got the same response each time with minor variations... "It was a normal doubletree, nothing extra, nothing less... and the employees made it a nice place."

Personally the pickup from the cruise terminal makes it 50x better, IMHO.

Did finally discover that the marriott waterside handles the rentals for the port of tampa:confused: site.

You drop off cars @ the hotel & they shuttle you to pier

Pick up is different, the car is waiting @ the pier (somewhere lol - haven't figured out exactly where:) ).

Archived