Carnival has responded to my letter

cdnprincess

Thank you so much for the update...... I felt so sorry for what you had to go thru, but the worst part was - I KNEW I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING! If they'd told me to stay on the bus, the ship is expecting us; I'd have stayed on the bus just like you. I appreciate that you've taken the time to let us know the outcome.

Dee -- i am so glad this worked out. and, BTW, i'm still so sorry that you missed the cruise b/c of the reps and mears. what a mess.

doubt this, but asking anyway...did they say anything about mear's actions in your case?

Nope nothing about Mears. To tell you the truth even on that day the reps at Carnival were taking the blame and nothing was ever said about Mears.

Great news and your post was helpful. We are using the Carnival flight but will be paying an extra $50.00 for a direct flight and have decided to rent a car to drive us to the port after reading what you went through.

Carol

Just an update. I was one of 17 passengers left at the pier as Sensation sailed away because the Carnival Reps (and this has been confirmed) waited for a few late passengers and we arrived 10 min late at the pier. Anyway, the investigation is over and they have given me a full refund as well as a 3-day paid cruise. That was really nice. All I asked for is a refund, but the free cruise was a bonus. I had gotten in contact with another passenger and we were working together. She just emailed me and was offered the same. I have learned so much on this site, and when I choose to go on a cruise again I will definately get my info from here.

Thanks

Dee

I'm happy it worked out for you. That is one of my biggest fears is being left behind. How long were you guys into the trip and where did you guys left behind?

I'm happy it worked out for you. That is one of my biggest fears is being left behind. How long were you guys into the trip and where did you guys left behind?

it was only a 3 day cruise and we were on our way from the airport so we did not get to go on at all. We were left in Port Canaveral with 15 others.

it was only a 3 day cruise and we were on our way from the airport so we did not get to go on at all. We were left in Port Canaveral with 15 others.

Ughhhhhh....that must have been so dissapointing. Are you guys planning to take your free three day cruise soon?I hope they reimburse you for your flight.

Nope nothing about Mears. To tell you the truth even on that day the reps at Carnival were taking the blame and nothing was ever said about Mears.

Who's Mears?I looked backed thru the thread and think I might have missed something.

Who's Mears?I looked backed thru the thread and think I might have missed something.

Mears is the contractor Carnival uses to provide busses in Orlando.

Mears really wasn't involved because the driver was just following directives given by Carnival personnel.

Just an update. I was one of 17 passengers left at the pier as Sensation sailed away because the Carnival Reps (and this has been confirmed) waited for a few late passengers and we arrived 10 min late at the pier. Anyway, the investigation is over and they have given me a full refund as well as a 3-day paid cruise. That was really nice. All I asked for is a refund, but the free cruise was a bonus. I had gotten in contact with another passenger and we were working together. She just emailed me and was offered the same. I have learned so much on this site, and when I choose to go on a cruise again I will definately get my info from here.

Thanks

Dee

That is GREAT info for all of us. Thanks for sharing the outcome.

Mary

Thanks

Dee

Great News Dee!

So, glad you kept us up to date. I am also glad you didn't let the na sayers bring you down.

Have a great FREE cruise!!

I agree with the other poster that said to do a back2back - adding on to your 3 day cruise (if you can get away for longer). We'll be doing that in 2008 - 6 day + 8 day cruise. Yeah!!!

Glad to hear they made you all happy, they did a similar thing for me a few years ago. Carnival should teach some other cruise lines (particularly princess, even though I hear they own princess) about customer service.;)

You may remember that I went the week after you and I was really nervous about missing the ship. Carnival waited an hour as we didn't arrive at port until 4:55 p.m. I'm sure that because of your problem they didn't want it to happen again! We had a great time and I hope you do too.

Archived