China trip leaving May 8th.

npphotog

Ann,

We were only on Prince for four days, from Chongqing to Yichang. I was sick most of the time and stayed in the cabin, so my memory of the river portion of our trip is fuzzy. I don't think it matters which side you're on, but I could be wrong.

Our cabin was on Deck Two, which was great as my Mom is older and struggles a bit with stairs. Everything we needed was one deck down - restaurant, shops, embarkation, etc. There is a lounge up on Deck 4, but your father can skip going up there if he wants. I don't think the beds push together except perhaps in the suites. All the cabins are the same as far as I know. The balcony door opened up between the beds, and a little stand slid out from the headboard to form a tiny shelf for a drink, etc.

WIT - Many thanks for the heads up on the weather. We are down to 2 weeks before we take the "big bird" across the Pacific. Willard

Willard - Posting mostly on Viking China. i am very interested in your perspective going through China, especially about connecting with the Chinese people. Can you describe your itinerary?

WIT

Good Morning WIT - Starting in Beijing withTian'anmen Square, Forbidden City followed by Welcome dinner (duck). Next day to the Wall, Ming Tombs and dinner at hotel. next day to huntong visit (trishaws) and tea and lunch at private homes (don't know what to expect there). Fly to X'ain and see the terra cotta soldiers then Tang Dynasty banquet. next day tour ming dynasty walls and small wild goose pagoda. Fly to Hanagzhou to see west lake - tea village with tea ceremonyds. Train to Shanghai - see bund, Children's palace and Yu Yuan gardend and old shanghai. Optional tour to Zhujiajiao water town. Board Victoria Star in Yichang. 4 nights on the Yangtze. Get off at Chongqing. Go to Stilwell museum then to airport - fly to Guilin. Full day cruise on the Li River with lunch. See reed flute cave and visit seven star park and a local school. Fly to Hong Kong. See Repulse bay and averdeen fishing village, sampan ride and ride up to Victoria Peak. Farewell dinner and fly back next day. I'm tired already. 21 days with Vantage Travel. Willard

Archived