Emerald Madiden Voyage Review Info

Bassethound

Just some silly little questions....do the washers take liquid or powder soap?

In Mykonos, is it possible to walk to the windmills from town, or just too far?

Have you heard any comments on the cabins on Riviera? We'll be in R326 in July and are right under the pool deck.

Thanks so much for reporting!!!

Thanks Grannycb for taking the time out of your cruise to post your reviews of the Emerald so far.

We are hoping to sail on the Emerald next February. We have a question about the miniature golf - do passengers have to pay to use this? Also, how do passengers get to play, such as is it first come first served or do you have to book a time?

Have you experienced MUTS? What is that like?

One last question, how do you find the new culinary experience that Princess unvailed on the Emerald?

Thanks and I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.:)

Hi Juliadlf:

I also am viewing the Emerald via Kroooz-cam.com.

But my picture is not as large as yours, and also it is in black and white.

How did you get such a picture picture in colour.

Thanks

Are you looking at the Port cam or bridge cam?

Port cam will come up in color for me and once it comes up, you click on it and it will become larger. Emeralds bridgecam is in black and white only (for me anyway) and will not enlarge unless I pull into a picture software and then magnify.

Julia

thanks for the great info Granny..I have a question concerning euros. I was told by Princess that the Emerald Princess does not have a currency exchange machine but you can convert US dollars to Euros at the Pursers desk at the current rate with no service fee..can you confirm this for me?

I have laso heard the leather goods in Turkey are awesome..how is the gold?

We are in B748 on Aug 9th cruise. Longing to hear Bassethound's comments on the cabin: overall space/ layout/ balcony arrangement, etc. Any pics yet?

Thanks for info so far. Sounds just great. Can't wait to get on board!

Margaret

Thanks Grannycb for taking the time to share your experiences so far with us. How does the shopping in Athens compare with Turkey and Italy. I'm speaking mainly of jewelry and clothing (scarves, leather goods). Good information on the Emerald deck cabins; we're booked on Caribe deck, but I know others who would be interested in looking at the oceanview on the Emerald deck. How is the entertainment on board, and of course the food -- both dining room and buffet. Continue to enjoy your journey.

Thanks Granny CB. How do you think Emerald 216 and 218 would be?

How can we find out how "obstructed" the views are?

Please tell us about the food and entertainment. Which night are the formal nights? What are and which nights are the headliner shows?

How is "personal choice" working? Any waits for tables? How have the menus been changed?

Any comments on the dining room menus? I heard they were rolling out new ones on this ship.

I thought they were going to use the same "new" menus that they rolled out on the Crown....could be wrong but we were told that in November.

I am very interested in your trip on the Emerald! I certainly hope it is wonderful and I am looking forward to your reports on the ship and places that are a MUST SEE because I am taking my family on that cruise on June 22 - Barcelona to Venice.

Bertie,

I have a request for you or anyone taking the Barcelona to Venice. Is there anyway you can scan copies of the patters and send it to me? I am going in September and need any help I can get. Thanks in advance, Jennifer

Important information: Shoes! Bring ones with non-slip bottoms - no leather bottoms. These marble walkways are very slick. Several people have fallen - I don't know if they were from our ship or not.

My table mates said to remind you to bring a pain killer for sore muscles and joints. There is a lot of walking and stair climbing on this cruise.

Some answers:

There is a charge for the Sanctuary.

I have heard that you can change US$ for Euro at the Pursers Desk but haven't done it.

We are having trouble adjusting to the new menu format. Most nights we find ourselves eating less - a good thing! The menu isn't divided as in the past. There is a list of items from which to select. The food has been very good. Watch the Patter for theme nights at the Horizon. Some of those are pretty good.

Formal nights: We had one on the first sea day - our second evening - and one will be before we get to Venice. The first formal night didn't seem as 'formal' as in past trips.

Entertainment: This trip has some of the same entertainers that we had on the Golden Princess last year. All have been very good.

Shopping: We found Rhodes and Turkey to have the best shopping. I liked the jewelery factory our taxi driver took us to in Rhodes the best. The quality seemed much better than anywhere else.

Thanks GrannyCB for all your helpful info. We have a couple of questions for you. Are the men wearing jackets to dinner? Is anyone wearing jeans?

How was the bargaining process in Turkey? Any tips you could pass on would be appreciated. We will be on the cruise immediately following you and would love to hear.

Thanks

Keesu89

GrannyCB, where are "These marble walkways are very slick" on board ship or in foreign ports of call?

I certainly plan on wearing rubber soled shoes in port and for daytime casual, but night time most sandals and high heels are leathe soles.

Thanks for your daily report.

Nanatravel

grannycb~

a friend on last years Venice to Barcelona cruise on the Grand Princess related that less than 10% of men wore tuxes, more than 50% wore a suit, and the remainder wore a sport coat with or without a tie for formal nights. I was wondering if this is what you are referring to as "less than formal"

Any news on currency exchange?whats working, whats not..

I can't wait to hear about the cruise and the ship. We booked Lido cabin L311. Hope it's a good one. We're trying out a variety of cruise lines:

Celebrity, Holland America (x2), Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and soon Princess.

Michael Kays regarding Euros. We were on the Golden Princess last year on the same itinerary. Best to use ATM's in town. It is very simple and you get a good rate.

Cayosusa, regarding Mykonos. Yes, you definitely can walk to the windmills. It's a pretty walk through the beautiful streets full of flowers and colorful buildings. We loved Mykonos. We had a drink at one of the seaside restaurants on our way back to the ship. :)

Archived