What are the wristbands for?

vowsatsea

I was talking with a fellow CCer, and we were viewing pictures of the Carnival Miracle. She noticed that in most of the pictures, the kids were wearing white wristbands. One kid was wearing one on the slide.

What are these for? Are they only for kids? Are they to go on the slide? Any ideas?

I was talking with a fellow CCer, and we were viewing pictures of the Carnival Miracle. She noticed that in most of the pictures, the kids were wearing white wristbands. One kid was wearing one on the slide.

What are these for? Are they only for kids? Are they to go on the slide? Any ideas?

These are very important to have on your kid, This tells the Crew which Life Boat station your kids need to go too. If your kid is with Camp Carnival, they will take your kids to the life stations.. You need to head to your cabin and grab his or her Life Vest and meet up at the Lifeboat station.

Fred

When we were on the Spirit last year with my 3 year old nephew, they put a wristband (like a hospital ID bracelet) on the kids when we were doing the lifeboat drill. It is to identify which life boat station the child needs to be at should there be an emergency and the child be separated from the parents. Really a great idea in my opinion.

I know I sound like a moron, but I have to ask... Do they wear these at all times, or just when they aren't with their parents? I am assuming they leave them on, but you knowwhat happens when one decides to assume. LOL ;)

They aren't removeable, they are the fibre stick on type like they have at some amusement parks or all-inclusive resorts.

I know I sound like a moron, but I have to ask... Do they wear these at all times, or just when they aren't with their parents? I am assuming they leave them on, but you knowwhat happens when one decides to assume. LOL ;)

They are supposed to wear them 24/7. On our first cruise the ones my nieces had could be wiggled over their hands :eek: . I'm sure that is NOT how it is supposed to work.

On one of our cruises I watch the crew put them around the ankles of toddlers. I asked why.... she said "they forget about them then." ;) .

They wear them at all times- at least they are asked to. I saw lots of little ones without them. They can get new ones from Camp Carnival if it should come off or if it is lost. They are the same as the bands you get to purchase alcohol at concerts or for some amusement park rides, etc. My son's stayed on for our whole 5 day cruise, even with days at the pool and beach, and showers each day. We had to cut it with scissors to get it off after the cruise.

They aren't removeable, they are the fibre stick on type like they have at some amusement parks or all-inclusive resorts.

If they do fall off or break off the purser's desk has additional bracelets. My DNiece needed one on our cruise.

My seven year old developed a rash under the band. It was quite tight on his arm. I think it was a heat rash so we had to goto the persuers desk and they put one on the other arm the rash went away quickly but he still has a patch of dry skin where the worst part was? I guess it's a souvener (sp?) because he remembers that day when ever we put cream on it!;) :D

Archived