Hammam in Ephesus?

MercedMike

• 4 weeks later...

Most of the threads re: Turkey are in the Mediterranean section of ports of call rather than here so you might want to check that out :)

There seem to be plenty of hits for hammams around Kusadasi, (where I assume you will be since that is where the cruise ships dock), so you should find what you want with a little research. This looked promising:

http://forum.virtualtourist.com/discussion-243668-1-1-Travel-0-0-Kusadasi-discussion.html

• 1 month later...

It's been a long time but when I was in Ephesus it was essentially an outdoor museum of ruins, with areas being restored. It was a place for tourists to look around but except maybe for purchasing something to drink there weren't any businesses there. (Yes, in 10 years it might have changed a lot.)

Could be that for a Turkish bath you will want to look at the port city of Kusadasi, where you'll be debarking.

HTH,

Teri

Thanks for the comments about hamams. Since I posted this, we have booked with Levant Solmaz for a tour of the village of Sirince and then a return to Kusadasi for the Bedeliye Hamami. My DW is really looking forward to it!;)

MercedMike--when will you be traveling to Ephesus?

I would love to hear about your experience at the Hamam.

I just asked for a recommendation or info on the Europe board but no response yet. Heck, I'm not even sure anyone in our group would want to go, but I certainly would love to try it.

Jill

MercedMike--when will you be traveling to Ephesus?

I would love to hear about your experience at the Hamam.

We are on the November 4 Holy Land cruise on Royal Princess (Yes, I like to plan ahead!) We will definitely post our report when we return.

We have booked a tour with Levent Solmaz, and he is arranging the hamam. But I bet that a cab driver could just take you there.

Renee loved the hamams on our trip to Morocco so she is really looking forward to this one! The rest of us will be new to the experience.

MercedMike, I am planner also--We aren't leaving until the end of APRIL. LOL Did you or you wife post a review here regarding the Morocco trip? Was the experience in the hamam like I've read about when I googled it?

I'd love to know more about her experience so I can describe it to the others in our group.

The biggest questions I have from the others so far are do you have to get completely undressed or can you wear a swimsuit and are they co-ed.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Jill

MercedMike, I am planner also--We aren't leaving until the end of APRIL. LOL Did you or you wife post a review here regarding the Morocco trip? Was the experience in the hamam like I've read about when I googled it?

I'd love to know more about her experience so I can describe it to the others in our group.

The biggest questions I have from the others so far are do you have to get completely undressed or can you wear a swimsuit and are they co-ed.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Jill

Jill -- our report on Morocco is at

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/moroccomain.html

The hammams are at

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/moroccoacc.html

My DW wouldn't let me take pics of her in the hammam, though! (Incidentally it seems to be spelled about six different ways!)

The way she describes it is this:

There are separate sections for men and women. (Some have separate hours for men and women.) You first disrobe as far as you feel comfortable. I think she kept her panties on. Then you lie on a couch, and as she described it, "a lady throws tepid water around"! After that is the soap, which is basically a scrub and massage, sometimes with a loofah or a sponge. Well, she seems to like it better than that description conveys!;) The whole experience is the best part of an hour or so.

She is the one who insisted we find one in Kusadasi. Our guide seemed to arrange it very easily.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the comments about hamams. Since I posted this, we have booked with Levant Solmaz for a tour of the village of Sirince and then a return to Kusadasi for the Bedeliye Hamami. My DW is really looking forward to it!;)

Would you please tell me how to gwet in touch with Levant Solamz as the tour you have planned is what we're looking for.

Also would you please let us know your comments on your return. Thanks

Would you please tell me how to gwet in touch with Levant Solamz as the tour you have planned is what we're looking for.

Also would you please let us know your comments on your return. Thanks

He is at

http://www.leventsolmaz.com/

He has been very responsive and easy to work with, and very reasonably priced.

I will definitely post a review and pictures (well, of the outside of the building anyhow!) in mid November or so.

;)

Archived