Coco Cay VS. Labadee

sar4boy

I was at Coco Cay last November and thought it was truely paradise! Now I am trying to decide if I should do that same cruise to go back there or book a cruise that goes to Labadee? If you have been to both places, what were your likes/dislikes about each??

Love them both, but 3 of our last 4 tries for Coco has been a no go because of inability to tender and the 4th was a rainy day. Because the cove is protected, I don't think Labadee is a tendering problem.

Been to Labadee just once, but loved it and going again in October.

Lots of beaches in both. Like the market in Labadee better because of better crafts (that's what my wife said)

The snorkeling, I thot, was better in Coco than Labadee.

Thanks for the reply. Knowing that there are no tendering problems in Labadee we may do that one instead. I was just wondering if it is just like paradise as Coco Cay was. I think because it is not actually an "island" I am nervous that it won't be the same. On Coco Cay you knew you were the only ones there so it made it a little more special! ;)

Thanks for the reply. Knowing that there are no tendering problems in Labadee we may do that one instead. I was just wondering if it is just like paradise as Coco Cay was. I think because it is not actually an "island" I am nervous that it won't be the same. On Coco Cay you knew you were the only ones there so it made it a little more special! ;)

I have been to Coco Cay three times and was at Labadee on my last cruise. I love Coco Cay, but Labadee is even more beautiful IMO. Labadee has the advantage of having the soaring mountains of Haiti and even more lush vegetation than Coco Cay. These things combined to make Labadee breath-takingly beautiful. And it definitely has the island appeal to it.

Can't comment on the shopping aspects. I would happily go to either Labadee or Coco Cay again - but I think I've found my preferred RCCL private Island in Labadee.

I honestly think you would love it.

After the last two days of the snow and cold, I would love anything but it sounds like I should give Labadee a try!! :D Well, maybe I can do both next year and make the decision which one I like better for myself. It will be too long since I was at Coco Cay to be able to compare the two so I will definately will have to save and go to both!! :D

Love them both, but 3 of our last 4 tries for Coco has been a no go because of inability to tender and the 4th was a rainy day. Because the cove is protected, I don't think Labadee is a tendering problem.

Been to Labadee just once, but loved it and going again in October.

Lots of beaches in both. Like the market in Labadee better because of better crafts (that's what my wife said)

The snorkeling, I thot, was better in Coco than Labadee.

When were the times you "couldn't tender", and what do you mean that you don't think it's a tendering problem? I am going western caribbean in september and that's one of our stops (Labadee) I am nervous about going and will most likey stay on the ship that day.

When were the times you "couldn't tender", and what do you mean that you don't think it's a tendering problem? I am going western caribbean in september and that's one of our stops (Labadee) I am nervous about going and will most likey stay on the ship that day.

What makes you nervous about Labadee? I felt completely safe there. I didn't have my children with me on this trip, but I would have no qualms about even taking my kids there.

Sorry about confusing you. In Coco Cay, the water was too rough at the entrance to get a safely get a tender through. The cruise lines do their best to keep you safe. They won't knowingly put you in danger. This was in October and January.

Don't stay on the ship in Labadee. It might just be the best day of your cruise. My wife and I love both of the private islands.

What makes you nervous about Labadee? I felt completely safe there. I didn't have my children with me on this trip, but I would have no qualms about even taking my kids there.

Nothing really, other than people and their horror stories. I keep going back and forth. I am more of a beachbum than an adventurer, so if anything, i will most likely be on the beach or on the boat. Anyplaces you think I shouldn't miss?

Nothing really, other than people and their horror stories. I keep going back and forth. I am more of a beachbum than an adventurer, so if anything, i will most likely be on the beach or on the boat. Anyplaces you think I shouldn't miss?

My husband and I like to relax, too. So we walked down to Dragon's Breath beach. It was supposed to be a little quieter there. There is a tram that runs that way, but it was an easy walk. We got a couple of lounge chairs under a palapa and just hung out - reading and looking at the gorgeous scenery. You might want to take a couple of $1 bills just to tip the person who pulls your loungers out. Some people tip, some don't. But I felt more comfortable offering a small tip. We walked to a couple of the look-outs nearby. Also walked over to Dragon Rock - which is a rock formation that's quite unusual. There is a pathway built into this area and it's a great place to take photos. The beach over near Dragon Rock was very pretty, too.

The BBQ was very good and I enjoyed a Labadoozie while hanging out. It really is a beautiful place and I think it would be a shame if you didn't try it. If you don't like it - just head back to the ship. :)

My husband and I like to relax, too. So we walked down to Dragon's Breath beach. It was supposed to be a little quieter there. There is a tram that runs that way, but it was an easy walk. We got a couple of lounge chairs under a palapa and just hung out - reading and looking at the gorgeous scenery. You might want to take a couple of $1 bills just to tip the person who pulls your loungers out. Some people tip, some don't. But I felt more comfortable offering a small tip. We walked to a couple of the look-outs nearby. Also walked over to Dragon Rock - which is a rock formation that's quite unusual. There is a pathway built into this area and it's a great place to take photos. The beach over near Dragon Rock was very pretty, too.

The BBQ was very good and I enjoyed a Labadoozie while hanging out. It really is a beautiful place and I think it would be a shame if you didn't try it. If you don't like it - just head back to the ship. :)

Thanks, I think I will heed your advice and check out those spots. Sounds nice. I'll let you know in October when I get back how it was!

What is a Labadoozie? Is it like a coco-loco on Coco Cay? I am sure we will try it:D , but am curious.

Ken

I think they must be similar. I've had both, but never side-by-side. Both are sweet, tropical, and hit the spot. That's all I need to know. :) You MUST try one!

Been to Coc Cay 2 times and Laberdee 3 times. Love them both but like Laberdee better because the water and beach are nicer, less rocks on the bottom in the water. Went to Haslf Moon Cay last week and that is better than both of these but I would take any of the private islands any day of the week.

The only time that Laberdee will skipped is if there are "political" problems with the natives which happens from time to time.

I have been to Coco Cay three times and was at Labadee on my last cruise. I love Coco Cay, but Labadee is even more beautiful IMO. Labadee has the advantage of having the soaring mountains of Haiti and even more lush vegetation than Coco Cay. These things combined to make Labadee breath-takingly beautiful. And it definitely has the island appeal to it.

Can't comment on the shopping aspects. I would happily go to either Labadee or Coco Cay again - but I think I've found my preferred RCCL private Island in Labadee.

I honestly think you would love it.

I agree completely with Elva. I have been to both Coco Cay and Labadee (and also Disney's Castaway Cay) and Labadee is my favorite. It is absolutely beautiful. There are several beaches and they are all wonderful. In my opinion, all of the private islands are great places to visit. We're visiting Half Moon Cay in 6 weeks and looking forward to seeing how it compares to the others.

Archived